I'm all about grandparents spoiling their kids. Giving the kids candy and junk food while they babysit, letting them stay up late because "they just didn't want to go to bed yet"...but sometimes I think my parents are insane.
Growing up, we had a pool. We lived in that pool. When I was in 8th grade, we moved to their current house and there was NO POOL. We begged for years, but it just didn't happen. Once we all got married, my parents said when they had grandbabies, they would put a pool in. ON IT. My sister had Bailey, Travis had Griffin and voila! A pool.
A couple of years later, dad thought the kids needed something new. That's when this ride appeared.
The barrels have been a blast for the kids! When dad starts walking to the barn to get the tractor, there are squeals of delight! "Papa's taking us on a barrel ride!" "Papa's getting the tractor!" It's quite adorable.
Then there was talk about something new. And, one afternoon, we got a group text with this picture.
The text said: "Loaded up and headed home!" My dad thought the kids needed 4 wheelers. The kids thought Papa was THE BOMB DIGGITY.
After getting fit for helmets and goggles, there was no stopping them.
At first, they were all timid and stayed on flat land. NOW? They are back in the woods -- up and down hills -- revving the engines. I've had about 8 mini heart attacks, but it is getting easier to watch. The best thing about them? Each 4 wheeler has a remote for the parent! HA! If they are going too fast or doing something you don't like, you push a button and sound an alarm. If they don't stop, YOU CAN SHUT THEM DOWN. I love it!
I'm guessing next my dad will be putting in a roller coaster.










2 comments:
That is so very cool! What a great Grandfather he is, although all of this would have been nice when you were growing up too I imagine hehehe
The sky's the limit for what he could do next!!
Your parents house is like Disney world. No need to go on vacation! That's really awesome they do so much for the grand kids. It seems like they love THEM more than you & your siblings? :)
Post a Comment