Tuesday, June 25, 2013

MU, a great Daddy, and a birthday!

Our weekends seem to fly by, especially when we have fun things planned!  Friday night, we met some friends and took the kids to see Monsters University! 


It was the first time we took Maggie to the theater except for the times when she was an infant and didn't move.  ;-)  The kids loved it!  Maggie did pretty good.  Towards the end, she started to get antsy, but I gave her a big "high five" for doing so well!


Eric was out of town all last week for a work 'conference'.  I use the term conference lightly because these weeks are usually jam packed with fun, too!  One morning, the 'conference' consisted of a tee time at 7 A.M.  One evening, I got a text that said, "Just ordered a $25 ribeye!" to which I replied, "Yum! Kids and I had leftover spaghetti."  ;-)  I'm thankful for a job that he loves and gets to have a little fun time too!  So, since he'd been gone, I had a pedicure scheduled for Saturday morning.  Natalie heard I was going and joined the party!  Even more fun for me!  Eric offered to watch her kids, too, and he sent us these pictures:



He took them to the park and even to McDonald's after.  Way to go, E!! 

Saturday evening was time set aside to celebrate my dad!  His 62nd birthday was Friday.  Travis smoked some brisket, chicken and pork and it was heaven!  We got a birthday cake and the kids did what they do best - shower Papa with love!!!


Dad was pretty much mush by the end of the evening!  He even let me snap a picture of him and Mom.  Ha!


And, of course, there was swimming!  Something a Miller party wouldn't be a party without!  


I love my family and am so thankful for these times together!  


4 comments:

Jami said...

I can't wait to see Monsters U, just don't think Cameron will sit through it.
I want to be a part of a Miller birthday party.

Kerry said...

What a fun time you all had! It looks like your parents have a lovely home :)
I can't wait to see that movie, we are going next week!
Cute pics of all the kids, your husband did great capturing them!!
Have a great week Tracey!!

ginmommy said...

I get to see you tomorrow!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Fun! We are all wanting to see that movie. It just hasn't happened yet. I want to ride in that blue train!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS