Last week, I got a text from a dear friend, Jill. Her husband's job took them to Louisiana almost a year ago. She was coming for a visit and wanted to get some friends together for a dinner date! So, Friday night, we all met up at Kansai for some good grub and great convo. Bonus: Gretchen was coming in town, so she was able to join us!
The funny thing was that when G moved, almost 3 years ago, Jill was pregnant with her third child. Jill is now pregnant with her fourth child, so it's as if time stood still for their reunion! Ha! I love these girls!! The older I get, I realize just how important my friendships are to me.
After dinner, G and I were able to spend some much needed bestie time together. Lemme just tell you something: when your best friend moves, it sucks. There's no other way to describe it. So, when you are able to spend time together, even if it is just a couple of hours here and there, you just make the best of it. I love this girl so much!
Saturday morning, we had a surprise baby shower planned for Jill while she was in town. After four kids, she probably didn't need a whole lot of "stuff", but let's face it, another chance to gab and eat? I'm on it!
Jill had NO clue about the surprise brunch - I love it! Look at that adorable baby bump!!
Again, I just love these girls and am so blessed to have them as a part of my life!
Saturday afternoon, G called and asked if we wanted to meet up and go geocaching with them. SURE! I had never been before, but the kids all love it. I am not one who has a big love for hiking through the great outdoors, but having G there would make it worth it. Ha! ;-) The guys took charge and headed off into the land of ticks and mosquitoes while the submissive wives hung back and let them do their thing.
I adore all of these people.
So thankful for time with our friends!




2 comments:
How perfect that Jill and Gretchen were in at the same time. Fun times!
It was a great weekend! Can't wait until the next one :-)
Post a Comment