Monday, June 10, 2013

Motivational Monday

There is one thing that I don't like to do -- get out of my comfort zone.  But when I do, it usually turns out to be a good thing!  A couple of months ago, a group of Zumba girls asked if I wanted to do the Color Run with them.  I politely declined.  Natalie, my friend/workout buddy signed up.  A couple of weeks ago, someone had to drop out due to an injury, so they forced me asked me again to go!  Most of them were walking it, so I decided it wouldn't kill me.       


And I'm SO GLAD THAT I PARTICIPATED!  We had a BLAST!  One of the best times that I've had lately!

Before:  All nice and clean!

If you've never heard about The Color Run, it's a 5K done all over the world that claims to be "the happiest 5K on the planet!"  I can see why they make that proclamation!  They have two rules: 1. Wear white at the starting line 2. Finish plastered in color.  


And color we got plastered in!  


At each kilometer, there was a different color to walk through.  Workers shook bottles and covered everyone in pink, orange, yellow, blue and purple powder.  


At the end of the race, there was an explosion of powder!  Each person had their own packed to open and throw up into the air.  SO COOL!


I cannot tell you how much fun we had and how glad I am that I decided to go.


We have already started looking for another 5K to get involved in!  This stuff might just become addicting. ;-)  

5 comments:

Jami said...

I cannot tell you how much I love this! It is so much fun and I really want to do it next year, we will all have to do it.

ginmommy said...

Maybe next year ALL of us can participate! :-) Proud of you!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

AWESOME!!! There is a Glo Run coming up soon that's in the evening. It looks like a blast. I'll try to find the date.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

It looks like the one I was thinking of already happened....May 25. I think there is another one though. I'll do some research.

Jaime Mac said...

SO FUN! I'm glad they forced you to do it! (But I'm a little upset you wore your earrings during! That's one of the 5 's' no no's...sweating. But in this case we should also add a 'c' for color! :))

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS