Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Setting Goals! More Motivation...

You guys are awesome!  After my post on Monday, I got some really great feedback and felt like I should share some of it.  I was frustrated Monday morning because of poor decisions I had made over the last few days and I felt pretty depressed about it.  I got this comment on my post from my friend Alicia:    


Alicia is a huge fitness gal and I really put a lot of stock in what she says.  :-)  I admire her discipline.  She gets up at insane hours to go run, then does all of her Mommy stuff, then teaches part time, then teaches afternoon Jazzercise classes... I mean, really?!  Alicia, you ROCK!  Thanks for all of the encouragement.

When Gretchen called that morning, we chatted some about my frustration.  You know what I love about G?  Her honesty with me.  She called me back later and basically told me (in a nice way) that I needed to suck it up and be consistent.  If I lose weight, then gain a few, then lose, I will never meet my goal.  I'm struggling with the same few pounds.  So, she encouraged me to make a small goal.  Lose 15 pounds and then get a reward.  NO CHEATING for 15 pounds.      

So, that's what I did!  Made a goal to stay under my calorie count and when I've lost 15 pounds, I will give myself a reward.  I'm thinking a new pair of shoes and a night of Mexican food.  Woo hoo!  

I love what Jami says here.  It's a process.  That's so true.  I think we want results instantly and that just isn't how it works. 



I really have some great encouragers! :-)


 

I received this text from a friend last night.  It made my night!  Honestly, I was scared and nervous to blog about weight stuff.  I did it as an outlet for myself.  I'm thrilled to know that a few people are being encouraged by it!


So, goal ONE -- stay on track, under my calorie count and when I've lost 15 pounds, I get new shoes and Mexican!

Goal TWO -- lose an additional 20 pounds before Fall.  Because you know what happens in the Fall?  We booked our vacation!  My parents are taking everyone to Disney World!!  We are so excited!


This is the home that my parents have rented for the week.  It is just a few miles from Disney, so we can come and go as we please.  The tickets have been ordered and we are very excited to meet Mickey, Minnie and all of their friends.  :-)  It definitely gives me a little kick in the pants to reach some weight loss goals!

6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Oh Tracey!! THANK YOU!!! I love, love, love this stuff!! I could talk about it all day! Good good good to set a goal!!! I can't until to see these new shoes!! :)

Hers and His said...

You are sweet! You are doing an awesome job and yes, super encouraging! Also, we are going to Disney this Fall! Ahhh! Motivation for sure! When are you going?

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Hi. I'm back because working out and motivating people is all I think about!

I am glad you saw that picture about the flat tires I put on Facebook for you!!! Isn't that the truth though?! A funny way to look at it!!!

ginmommy said...

You are doing great! :-)))

Jill said...

You are so cute, Ms. Tracey! Keep it up. You can do this for sure.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Well, I for one, am impressed! You are an inspiration. I need to do the same. :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS