Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Finishing up our Spring Break!

Ok you guys, I've got to get my rear in gear and finish out Spring Break or we'll never get to Easter!  I took lots of pics on my phone, but I've narrowed them down to just a few.  You're welcome.

Wednesday morning, we headed out to Bass Pro super early!  By "super early", I mean 8:40.  Eric heard they were getting a shipment of ammo, so he wanted to be there when the doors opened.  YOU GUYS...it was like Black Friday!  People were lined up outside and the line wrapped halfway around the front of the building.  Ridic.  But, he got some ammo and was a happy camper.  Like any good parents, we had forgotten to feed the kids before we left the house, so we headed to McDonald's!

While at breakfast, we found out our neighbors/friends were heading to Incredible Dave's for lunch, which we had planned on doing that evening.  We switched our plans to go with them.  Yes, we like to invite ourselves along like that.  ;-)  

I had only been to Incredible Dave's once and it was for a concert with the Louisville Crashers.  During the day, however, I will describe it as Chuck E. Cheese on steroids.  Oy.  I downed two Ibuprofen and waited for the fun to kick in!

The kids had a blast!  I'm glad we were able to take them.

Thursday, we headed to Indy to spend the day with my mom and aunt at the Children's Museum.  I LOVE their museum -- it is incredible!  We saw Levi's favorite exhibit which is the train station.  Maggie was just happy to follow him around.  We also ran into Levi's baby daddy...Peyton Manning.  Heart.  Okay, so it was just a cut out.  Whatever.  Maggie was throwing a fit excited to ride the carousel and the line was forever long!  She fell asleep while WE WERE NEXT IN LINE.  Poor child.  I rode it anyways and looked like an old woman, sitting on the bench instead of riding a zoo animal that moves up and down.  Ha!


I'm gonna just put this out there.  I could lie and say our day was filled with fun and laughter, but it wasn't.  Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to hang with my mom and aunt and the kids for the day, but the museum was SO crowded, it was almost unbearable.  It was Spring Break, so I knew it would be crowded, but I'd NEVER seen it like that.  The kids couldn't do much at the exhibits because it was so packed full of kids.  Mom, Gail and I couldn't talk to each other because we were constantly trying not to lose the kids.  Maggie was overwhelmed and didn't want me to put her down.  There were people everywhere. :-(  And, at the end of the day, we lost Levi.  It was only for a few minutes, but it was THE WORST MOMENT EVER.  I had gone into the bathroom.  I thought my mom had Levi with her, she thought he went in with me.  She came into the bathroom just as I was finishing and looked panicked.  She asked if Levi was in there with me and my heart sank.  I almost got sick.  We both ran out and immediately started calling out for him.  He was nowhere.  It seemed like forever, but I found him walking around the corner with a museum worker.  Oh my stars, the relief I felt was overwhelming.  We both cried and I praised him for finding someone "with a badge" to help him.  He knew what to do...find a worker or police officer and ask to use their phone to call me.  He said they were on their way to a phone.  It was probably one of the most stressful days I've ever had, but we tried to make sure the kids enjoyed it, as much as possible.  I think they did.  I am so very thankful for God's provision over us that day.      

Friday was a much more laid back day!  We went with a lot of our friends to bounce time at SIGS!  The kids had so much fun and I was able to sit back and chit chat with the moms. ;-)  I'm so thankful for my two babes and loved spending the week with them!  I complimented Levi so many times during the week for being a great helper with his little sister.  He was so good to play with her and help keep watching out for her while we were out in public.  Despite their constant wrestling at home, he is a great big brother! :-)  


4 comments:

ginmommy said...

I was wondering if you would blog about the incident at the museum. I'm glad you did and I'm really glad for the protection over your family. Oy. But all is well, and ends well. :-)

Jaime Mac said...

Oh how scary about losing Levi! Especially when you didn't MEAN to lose him! ;)
Brad got away from his parents at Disney World the same way-his mom thought her mon had him when she went to bathroom. They were scared out of their minds. She STILL tells that story & he's 36.... Just think of how much mileage you will get from this story!

Jami said...

Oh my goodness! You didn't tell me about Levi, that gives me the shakes just thinking about it.
I heard it was crazy up there from a couple of people.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

OH MY! I heard it was crowded! Glad it all ended well!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS