While Gretchen and the kids were in town for their Spring Break, they stayed the night with us! My kids were SO EXCITED to see Pierce and Hope. They came over on Monday after Levi got out of school and before long, the kids were begging to play outside. Did I mention that it was only 40 degrees outside? I didn't? Um, yeah, it was cold. And windy. So, we sucked it up and sat outside to watch our kids freeze play.
Isn't that a lovely picture? Oy. I have really gotten into a bad habit of just using my iPhone to take pictures. After this playdate, I vowed to get my camera back out and start using it again. ;-)
The kids tried to pretend like they weren't cold as they rode their bikes and scooters. I'm not sure we even lasted an hour outside. Ha!
Aaaand, those are the only pictures I took! Lame. I was just happy and content having my bestie to chat with and we mostly ignored the kids. ;-)
I decided to let Levi skip school on Tuesday. I figured it was for a good cause, right?! So, Tuesday morning, we decided to head to Columbus where they have an indoor play area. (We went there for my mom's birthday!) Again, I'm so sorry for the horrible pictures! Geesh.
Levi had the flu when we went before, so this was all new to him! It was a huge success. This was the only picture I got of Levi and then he was off to explore the huge climbing thingie.
Maggie stayed pretty close to Gretchen and me. She is still quite the little Mommy's girl. (And I love it!)
I did think this picture was HU-LARIOUS! (You may have seen it in IG if you follow me.) Can you spy the photo bomber??
We had a really great day together and I'm happy that we got to steal a little bit of time with G & crew while they were here. I miss them SO MUCH and value our sweet time together. I love making memories like this with my kids. :-)









4 comments:
I didn't know you guys went up there, fun!
Fun day! I am glad I am not the only one that lets my kid skip school! :)
Sounds like you all had a sweet time together, friends like that are the best kind :)
I loved that pic and I think you look so pretty, your eyes and your hair!
Hope it warms up for you soon xo
Fun day! I'm so glad we went up there, it was different and fun. But I could have fun with you anywhere!
Post a Comment