This is my fifth Motivational Monday post! I think that is pretty exciting -- I am going on my 10th week of exercising and I really feel like it has become a habit. Last week, I shared some points from an article by SparkPeople.com called 100 Reasons You Should Exercise. Here are 10 more reasons:
1. It gives you energy.
2. Because it keeps your mind sharp.
3. Because it strengthens your legs.
4. Because you want to look younger. {{YES, PLEASE!!}}
5. Because you want to stay healthy as you age.
6. Because sweat is sexy. {{Um, maybe on someone else this is true??!}}
7. Because you want to see the scale drop.
8. Because you want to breathe easier.
9. Because it helps you sleep better at night.
10. Because it boosts your immune system.
I feel like I have done really well exercising, but have been slacking with my eating. And, I can really tell. I feel worse and it shows on the scale. I have found out that I can do well all week long, slack off on the weekend, and when Monday rolls around, I am up a pound or two on the scale. SO FRUSTRATING! But, cheating is still cheating. No matter how good I want to say I've done, two days of snacking and eating bad WILL SHOW UP. The scale doesn't lie, right?...
I love #3 -- Weight loss is a process -- SO TRUE!! Get right back on. Stay consistent. Today is Monday and that's my motto for today.
I love this, too! I follow Health (@HealthyTips) on Twitter and this tweet was great:
"I'm not losing weight, I'm getting rid of it.
I have no intention of finding it again."
I hate that losing weight is such a "yo yo process". Up a pound, down two...it's frustrating. Why is it so hard to get on track and stay there? Lack of discipline? Any thoughts or help on that would be much appreciated!!! :-)
Jaime sent this to me in a text this week and I loved it!
Hilarious!!
Okay, here's to a better week this week. I have loved your comments and encouragement! Keep it up!






6 comments:
Yes. Unfornately depending how bad of a weekend you have, it can take 3-4 days to get back to were you started. UGH! Then it's the weekend again. Sometimes people sabotage (sp) themselves with the weekend and then get frustrated when they can't lose weight.
I find it hard to stay on track when I'm tired. I crave sugar and unhealthy foods because my body needs quick energy even if it's not good energy. I do so much better when I'm well rested which is why I am crazy physcho about bedtimes at my house!
You are doing great!! Don't let one pound, one cookie, one anything get you off track. Brush it off and move on!!! You can do it and you are worth it!!! :)
One more thing.....
I love the saying....
"One year from how you will wish you started TODAY!!!"
I'm in the same boat! Love the list! :-)
I think you are doing fantastic! I like Alicia's saying too. The key is not to deprive yourself.
I remember when I first starting working out after I got engaged, the first time I have ever worked out in my entire life. It was a few months into it and all of sudden all these pounds and inches just came off and everyone started noticing. It is a process. Keep it up! You are doing great.
See, what Alicia said! That's what I was saying to you on the phone today. I remember Alicia saying one time, that a bad night or weekend can take you 3-4 days to recover from, soooo it's like a hamster wheel, you never end up anywhere.
Have to be really strong to meet your first goal, then a reward.
YOU CAN DO THIS.
I love every single one of these posts, Tracey. You got it, girl! ;)
Post a Comment