Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sweatpants are good, the batting cage, and our new addition

It's raining today and this is exactly how I feel!  It made me laugh out loud!...


On a whim, we ended up meeting up with my brother and his fam last night to let the boys go to a batting cage near their house.  Levi has never practiced with a machine pitch before.  He did such a great job!  We only coach pitch in our league.  Griffin's league has machine pitch.  It's crazy how fast that ball comes at them!  Of course, Travis had to get in on the action. ;-)
{Travis, Griffin, and Levi}

In other exciting news, we got a new addition in our family.  We've been looking for a new-to-me vehicle for me for several months now.  I had my Honda Odyssey for about six and a half years.  I was NOT a van person, I didn't want one and didn't think I would ever own one.  Eric talked me into it and I have to say, I was not disappointed.  That's why we decided to go with another Odyssey.  I love the space and they are just really great vehicles.  {Sorry for the garage pic!  It's raining, so that's all you get.}


It's not all that different from what I was driving, just a lot more bells and whistles!  Our old van was a 1999 with 232,000 miles on it!  Can you believe that?  This one is a 2008 and has more buttons than I know what to do with.  Ha!  The kids are ecstatic because it has a DVD player.  I am just happy that the cup holders that will hold my large diet coke.  Oh, and I have seat warmers now.  {{{spoiled}}}


Isn't it funny that when you get a new vehicle, you just want to drive?  Even if it is just around the block! ;-)  Guess we will make a mid morning run to McDonald's!


4 comments:

Jami said...

It's going to take me a long time to pick you out in a crowd now. New cars are always fun!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

New cars are so fun!!! I am with you. Never, ever, ever, ever thought I would own a van. Daniel talked me into it and I LOVE IT!! Those silly husbands! :)

Arthur Family said...

Once you turn into a van mom that's the end of it!

ginmommy said...

Nah girl, you're good! SO TRUE.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS