Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter 2013

Our Easter festivities began on Saturday morning when I took the kids to my parent's church for an Easter Egg hung.  It was FAB-U-LOUS!  My parents know how to do it up right!  My mom is on the committee for stuff like that and she knows how to please little ones. ;-)  

Levi ran off to hunt with his cousins and I stayed back to help Maggie.  She was content with just one or two eggs in her basket, but I insisted that she fill 'er up!  No egg left behind!

After the hunt, there were tables set out for some fun craft time thingies.  Seriously, when I see Maggie in pigtails, I feel like I am looking at pictures of ME as a child!  I will have to do a post on that sometime...


I did a really poor job of getting good pics of the kids Easter morning!  F.A.I.L.  I also neglected to get a family picture.  DOUBLE F.A.I.L.  Eric worked security at church and had to be at the 8:30 service and I just didn't think ahead!  Boo.  So, just pretend that Eric and I are standing next to the kids lookin' all fine.


I have to be honest.  My daughter is not quiet.  At all.  They only had childcare for kids up to the age of two (you don't want my real feelings on that!) so Mags was with us during the service.  I'm SOO thankful that this happened before the sermon started!...

Look who was HOME for Easter... YAY!!  The kids were thrilled to sit with their friends. :-)


And, I was thrilled to sit with my friend!!  Felt like old times -- minus the kids talking, and the two year old fidgeting, and the husbands rolling their eyes when we asked them to take our picture... OH WAIT, that happened then, too! Ha!  So glad to have my bestie at church with me Sunday.  Truly blessed!


We had a really great afternoon with all of our family.  I am ONE BLESSED GIRL!  Not only do I have the most wonderful family on the planet, but I have the love of my Savior who died for me.  No matter what I do, HE LOVES ME.  That, my friends, is the biggest blessing of all.


3 comments:

Jami said...

I didn't get any pictures from Easter either, bummer! Kids look adorable as always.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I love your scarf!! Your kids are so cute!

Jaime Mac said...

Uhm Eric & my mother are on the same security team at Church. Weirdness.... :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS