Sunday, April 14, 2013

Rock Party Birthday

My sister doesn't do anything half way.  So, when she has a birthday party for her girls, she goes all out!  Last night, we celebrated Bailey, who turned NINE and Casey, who turned SIX.  Bailey was the first grandchild -- on both sides -- and she was a child in demand!  ;-)  We all wanted to hold her, feed her, rock her, dress her and then give her back to my sister when she cried or pooped.  Life was good.  Ha!  I was blessed twice by being able to be there with my sister when both girls were born and I will never forget it.  Precious times!  


The girls wanted to have a ROCK STAR birthday party, and that's exactly what they got!  Everything was pink and black zebra...right down to the cake! 


Lemme just say, the cake pops were AWESOME!  I didn't try the cake, but I'm sure it was fabulous.


And, I trust that these were good too!  Microphones made by baking a cupcake inside an ice cream cone and then lots of icing and sprinkles on top!  So cute. :-)



Oh, and did I mention that she hired a band?  Yes.  She did.  And they were good!  It's a local band called Black Friday.  They looked to be around 10 years old and seriously rocked it out!  Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Poison, and some current day stuff.  I loved it! 


I mean, how cute are they?  They do a lot of local gigs and have their own promotional people.  So fun!


I was excited to see my childhood friend, Lisa.  She was one of my very first friends and it is awesome that we still keep in touch.  I miss her.  :)


And, this is Maggie #1.  Yes, both of our daughters are named Maggie.  They are six months apart and while we don't see them that often, they really enjoy playing together.  It was funny to watch them both whip their heads around anytime anyone called out, "Maggie?"  


Couldn't resist a shot of these two cuties together.  G-man is so stylish! ;-)


And, of course, we came home with lots of loot!  


Such a fun night with family and friends!  Love my nieces and I hope they know just how blessed they are with such a wonderful mommy!!  Happy Birthday, Bailey and Casey!  We love you.

4 comments:

ginmommy said...

That is quite the party! The little band? Ah-dorable. And G in his studly hat? Too much. I"m glad it was a great party for the girls! :-)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

So fun!! How neat that she hired a band!!

Jaime Mac said...

I saw the pics she posted on fb. AMAZING party! I wanna rock star party! Dang!

Jami said...

Looks fun! I bet all the girls had a blast.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS