Monday, April 29, 2013

Motivational Monday

I love bacon.  Like seriously LOVE bacon.  It is one of my favorite foods.  Bacon and pancakes, bacon cheeseburger, bacon on my salad...you just can't go wrong with bacon.

I would die for this shirt.


One of the substitutions I've made in my diet is turkey bacon.  Not quite the same, but still good. ;-)

Last week was a good week.  I went to Zumba twice WITHOUT MY WORKOUT BUDDY!  She was in Vegas and it would have been easy for me to skip those two workouts!  But, I took this motto:


I'm really glad I did!  The ladies there seemed excited that I came, even without Natalie.  They were very encouraging to me.  It's the little things that make a huge difference!


Okay, I've been pretty honest on my other MM posts about struggles, frustrations, weigh ins, losses and gains.  I'm going to be honest about something else now.  Mirrors.

I have not owned a full length mirror in years.  YEARS.  There will be times that I get a new outfit or need an opinion on something and Gretchen will tell me to just text her a picture.  I will do the best that I can, but then our convo usually ends up with her yelling at me that I need a full length mirror.  (I know she is yelling because it is usually in all caps!)  I don't like looking in a full length mirror because, well, just because!  I'm sure if I went on Oprah or Dr. Phil, there would be some big reveal about my mental state and how being overweight affects my view of myself...and I would cry, and they would show close ups of the audience crying and nodding their heads and it would be a breakthrough.

So, Friday night, when I went to WalMart, this was my cart...
  

I bought a full length mirror!  (Pretend that you don't see the Chips Ahoy!  Those were for Eric!)  I feel like this was a small little breakthrough for me.  Getting a little more comfortable in my skin. ;-)

On Saturday, I was able to text this picture to G.  (It wasn't hung on the wall yet, but hey...baby steps!)


I weighed Thursday morning and didn't have a loss, but just stayed the same.  Instead of running to a bag of Oreo's and grabbing a glass of milk, I just went on with my day and tried to stay consistent.

I thought this was hilarious!


Sometimes, the small things are HUGE.  Yesterday at church, THREE different people sought me out after 1st service to ask me if I had lost weight.  That made me so happy!  One of the girls said, "I don't know what you've been doing, but keep doing it!"

On a side note, those people have been added to my will.  ;-)  


7 comments:

Hers and His said...

Cracking up at your "adding them to the will" comment! haha You look great!

Jaime Mac said...

I think you are beautiful no.matter.what! But I can tell in your 'full length mirror' photo your hard work is paying off!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I can really tell you are losing!! WAY TO GO!!!!! Add them to the will!! ha ha ha!

Jami said...

I think you look awesome, and cute outfit!

I too do not have a full length mirror.

ginmommy said...

Lookin' good momma! But then, you always look good. I hate you. But really, I love you. But maybe I do sorta hate you....

Arthur Family said...

Love this post!

Jill said...

Tracey, you are beautiful. I love your honesty. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS