If you've missed any of the other Motivational Monday posts, you can look in the sidebar for "Labels" and find them there. :-)
Last week, this was my motto:
We didn't have our Zumba classes because it was Spring Break. Boo. That is a "Boo" for no Zumba, not for Spring Break! I did manage to work out 4 times, but one time was strictly strength training. Jami invited me to Jazzercise on Saturday morning for Body Sculpting. It was fun, but I don't really think I burned a whole lot of calories. Most days, I did really well at counting my calories, but there were a few days that I didn't do so hot!
I've been seeing lots of these little types of workout. Some are on Twitter, depending on who you follow, and this one was on Pinterest.
Sometimes, I get tired of just doing the elliptical, so I decided to try this little routine. I have to admit that I had no idea what a Burpee was! Sounds like something I do after a lot of carbonation. ;-) Um, it's hard. Especially when you have to do several. Another routine I did called for side lunges. Wha?? So, luckily, they had this chart to show some exercises. I found it helpful! I like mixing things up!
Another thing I am trying to do is come up with unique snack ideas. I love these two! The first is a slushie drink. Oh my...good stuff!!!!
And, I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks great!
So, here is some motivation for the day! I've started to randomly follow a lot of people on Twitter who post healthy things. Snacks, exercise, or articles...and I love it! I read an article from SparkPeople.com and it was titled 100 Reasons You Should Workout. I'm going to pick a few of my favorites for the next few weeks!
1. Because you'll feel proud of yourself.
2. Because you want to be a good example to your kids.
3. Because it reduces the risk of diabetes.
4. Because it helps you lose weight.
5. Because you have goals you want to reach.
6. Because you want to feel good in your clothes.
7. Because you spend most of the day on your butt.
8. Because it's the best way to spend "me" time.
9. Because it burns more calories than not working out.
10. Because it helps you de-stress.
Seriously, for me, #2 stood out! I want to be a good example for my kids. Sometimes when I leave for Zumba, they will roll their eyes and say, "NOT AGAIN!", but I take that as a compliment. It means they are watching!
Thank you to everyone who continues to encourage me! I am almost to eight weeks of straight diet and exercise and I can really tell that it is becoming a habit to me. Don't get me wrong...my Mom's lemon bars and I had a special date yesterday at Easter lunch. But, it was easier to get back up and get going again today! ;-) Okay, someone go exercise....




1 comment:
Keep it up! you're doing a great job. I love your motivational quotes. It may keep in check when the school year starts next year and I find myself having to make a choice between a 5:15 am class or not at all.
Post a Comment