Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Name Game

Remember how I said we were 99.9% sure the baby's name would be Tori? Well, thank goodness for the .1% way out! :-)

The new name: Maggie

Now, let me tell you how we arrived at this!!
I've loved Maggie from the very beginning. I have loved it for years. My Granddaddy's initials were M.A.G. and his co-workers called him Maggie as a nick name. I asked Eric about using Maggie for a girl name in memory of Granddaddy. He kind of crossed that name off the list!! So, we went back to the drawing board for more names. Tori was one we both liked. The other day, we're getting ready for work and he comes in the bathroom and says "What about Maggie? What middle name would you use?" Well, this is his little way of saying "Ok, I finally give in. I like Maggie; let's use it!" (At least, that's what I heard in my head!!) The last few days, we've been referring to Baby Reid as little Maggie. It just makes me smile! There is no agreement to a middle name yet, so throw us some suggestions! One option is Maggie Anne (Anne after my Mom's oldest sister). I've already tried Maggie Grace, but Eric won't go for that. I'm sure we'll stick with Maggie...but I guess we won't know for sure until it's on the birth certificate! Ha :-)

6 comments:

Arthur Family said...

I wish I could help, but I am horrible at name suggestions! Have fun with it!

Jill said...

Oh, you are too fun! Maggie Kate??? Maggie Caroline??? Maggie Nicole??? I do have to say that I like Maggie Anne though.

Jami said...

Like I said, I LOVE Maggie. I've always loved that name, and tell Eric that Maggie Grace is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

ginmommy said...

Maggie Mae--just like Rod Stewart sang about ;)

melanie said...

Awww... I loved picking out names. Keep checking out family names. I'll have to edit my last blog.

Jill A said...

I LOVE Maggie! Maggie goes with lots of names. All the names suggested sound great....although I do like Maggie Elisabeth! :) U could use your middle name and call her Maggie Leigh. That sounds good too!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS