Monday, January 18, 2010

GNO

Saturday was Girls' Night Out and what a GREAT evening!!! We started with dinner at The Melting Pot. I'd never been there, but heard such good things about it. Jami & I were a "couple" for the evening and split the Big Night Out for couples. ;)

Jami & Me
Melanie & Gretchen
Our meal consisted of four courses: 1st was the yummy cheese fondue appetizer - WOW! Cheese is good on almost anything!! 2nd was salad. I had a great house salad.
3rd was our "feast"...shrimp, fillet Mignon, strip, chicken, ravioli, brats...
...that you got to cook in a special seasoning... OH SO GOOD!!!
Melanie ordered a little cocktail right before dessert. The Yin and the Yang.
And, in my opinion (and probably everyone else's!), the best part of the meal:
Chocolate fondue where you got to dip all of this:
Simply delicious!
Dinner took about 2 1/2 hours and it was just nice to sit and visit the whole time. A wonderful atmosphere!!! After dinner, we headed back to Indiana to watch the COLTS STOMP THE RAVENS in the playoffs. Melanie was going to run to WalMart to get a magazine so we could pick out a hair style for her. She was gone quite a while and I told Gretchen she probably got stuff for us to do a craft!!! LOL (Melanie is a craft guru and I wouldn't put it past her!) When she walked in, she had markers and poster board!! So funny. She was working on something for church.


Good food, good football, great friends - what a wonderful night out!! Thanks girls! Looking forward to next time. :) Love you guys.

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

That was a great night!! I think our best GNO ever, just sorry the rest of the girls couldn't make it.

Jill said...

Umm. . .that looks amazing. That does look like a great place for a girl's night out. I'll have to check it out. ; )

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS