Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Big Splash Adventure!

You guys are about to be bombarded with excitement! ;-)  Besides going on vacations with my family, this is the first overnight trip our little family of four has taken.  It was awesome!  We had a great time.  

Several months ago, Eric purchased a Groupon for Big Splash Adventure, an indoor water park in French Lick.  The Groupon allowed us an overnight stay, a few meals, Laser Tag, and some tokens to spend in the arcade.  Woo hoo!  Funny enough, our friends told us a couple of weeks ago that they bought the same Groupon and asked if they could crash our party.  So, we made a fun weekend of it!

Levi was supposed to go to school on Friday because it was a snow make up day, but we are rebels like that and kept him home.  


On our trip, we passed an Amish buggy and I BOUT DIED!  I have read so many books about the Amish and I tend to think that I know everything there is to know about them.  I wanted to jump out and talk to them, but Eric said my spray tan would scare them away.  So true. :/ 


We finally reached our destination and the kids were so excited!


Of course, we made them pose for a gazillion photos before we would let them take off swimming. 




I love this one.  Looks like they really like each other. ;-)


Once inside, the kids started squealing!!  They were so excited to start sliding.  




Levi jumped right in.  No fear.


Maggie was more reserved.  More than I thought she would be, really.  


She pretty much did this...


...and stayed safe in the baby pool.  


Levi, however, took off like a mad man and immediately went to the slides.


 He and Eric must have done the big, huge slides a thousand times!
 

After what seemed like hours of swimming, the adults decided we were hungry.  Leave it to us to spoil a good time! ;-)  We headed out to Chicago's Pizza and it was phenomenal.  I mean, like one of the best meals I've had in a long time!  We ordered a cinnamon pizza for dessert and I DIED.  SO GOOD!



After dinner, we found an indoor go kart place.  Unfortunately, the kids couldn't ride because they had to be eight years old.  BOO.  But, the daddies rode and LOVED it!  Eric said they were the fastest go karts he has been on.  



We headed back for a little more swimming that evening, until there was a lightning storm and they closed the slides.  :-(



I think my kids were as excited about staying in a hotel as they were about the water park!  It really was a lot of fun.  We let them stay up late and watch tv, eat snacks on the bed, and, gasp, JUMP ON THE BED! ;-)  They were thrilled!  We brought along the pack n play for Mags to sleep in and she thought that was the bomb.  Levi was happy to read her stories to her before bed.  TOO SWEET!


Even though they played hard on Friday and went to bed late, my kids were up and at 'em before 7am.  This, my friends, is the problem with kids.  Oy.  We headed down for breakfast promptly at 8 when they opened.  I think Eric and I were still half asleep!  The water park didn't re-open until 9:30, so we did a lot of this...

WAITING...


Saturday was filled with more of the same.  Kisses...


...selfies...


...swimming...


...and even a long nap.  Sweetness.


Sometime in the afternoon, we finally lured the kids away with Laser Tag.  I'M SO GLAD WE DID!  It was a huge hit!  I couldn't get any good pictures because it was in the dark and the guys told me I was a dork for using the flash.  :/  I thought this was cute, though... Maggie kept giving away our hiding spots.  ;-)


Operation Big Splash Adventure was a huge success!  My little family had such a great time together.  


I would say this is definitely something we will do again!




3 comments:

Jami said...

Glad you guys had such a good time! A little family time away is nice.

Arthur Family said...

How fun! We have wanted to go but just haven't found the time yet. Now I really want to take the kids!

ginmommy said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great trip! :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS