Friday, May 17, 2013

SEVEN... {aka: God ROCKED my world when He made me a mom}

Levi,

Today, you are SEVEN.  This birthday has been really hard for me!  Even though you will always be my little boy, it seems like you are growing up way too quickly.

Seven years ago, I went into the hospital to be induced.  I was 42 weeks pregnant and you were still just comfy as could be!  There were no signs that you would be coming any time soon, so my doctor wanted to "get things started"!!  As I went into the hospital that morning, I was pretty confident that I was prepared to be a mommy.  I could not have been more wrong!  Many, many hours later, you made your entrance.  At 11:29 PM, you arrived, just 31 minutes before my 30th birthday.  I wouldn't want to share my birthday weekend with anyone else!


Our start together was a little rough.  I remember telling your Grammy {almost daily!} "...but, the book says..." and she would smile sweetly and tell me that not everything goes by the book!  You definitely didn't.  I made a lot of calls to your Aunt Tricia for baby advice.  I also called your Aunt Jenny and Uncle Travis with weird questions, as they had a little boy, too!    

At just three months old, you made your first of many trips to the beach.  I was so in love with my little baby boy!


You have always had the sweetest heart!  I love that about you!


You have always been stubborn.  I always say that this is a "Reid" trait, while your daddy blames that "Miller's".  Either way, you can give us a run for our money like no other!  


From the time that you could walk and follow your daddy around, he has been your best friend.  When he goes outside to work, you are right beside him.  When he leaves the house for an errand, you want to go.  If he up and moving, you are his shadow!  Sometimes, I look at the two of you at any given moment, and you have the exact same facial expression.  It is mind boggling.


While you have a very tender heart and can be quite shy, you also like to be the class clown.  You love telling jokes (over and over again!) and are always trying to make us laugh.  Your smile is infectious!


One of the happiest days of your life is when you finally got to hold your baby sister.  You have been such a good protector and friend to her.  You make her giggle and belly laugh almost daily.  It warms my heart when you make sure she is taken care of.


You are ALL BOY!  It's pretty awesome! :-)  You love football, baseball, basketball.  You love getting dirty and sweaty.  It can be 100 degrees outside and you don't care...you want to be outdoors doing something!


One of the most recent things you love to do is to go shooting with your dad.  You have two guns now and are a spot-on shooter!  Your Papa Bobby even says if you continue to shoot that well, they will have no choice but to put you on the SWAT team! ;-)


Levi Alexander, words cannot say how much I love you.  It is a love that fills my whole heart.  And, as great as that love is, it doesn't compare to the love that Jesus has for you.  The best day of my life so far is when you asked Jesus to come into your heart and save you from your sins.  


My prayer for you is that you will continue to have a heart for Jesus.  Love Him, serve Him, and allow Him to increase your love for helping other people.


Even though you are growing up WAY TOO FAST for this momma, you will always be my precious little boy.  Your daddy and I love you with everything that we are!  Happy Birthday, Levi Alexander.


Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Jami said...

Such a sweet boy! I remember all those little pictures. Seems like yesterday.

ginmommy said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Levi! I've loved watching you grow up! But you can go ahead and stop now, ok? :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS