This is MY birthday post, but since I almost share my birthday with Levi, I will share just a tad about his birthday on Friday! It was field day at Levi's school, so Eric took off work to spend the day with him. Friday evening, I let Levi pick the place he wanted to eat for dinner. I threw out some great suggestions, but he wanted McDonald's. ;-) So, we loaded up with lots of our neighborhood buddies and went for dinner and ice cream. FUN night for him!
Fast forward 12 hours and it was finally time to celebrate MY birthday! I'm seriously like a kid. I want the whole day to be about me! But, when you have kids, it doesn't always work out that way. We had to be at the ball park at 8:30. The kids did shower me with cards and a fun gift.
After Levi's game, the hubs sent me off for a pedicure. Heck yeah! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Natalie met me and brought me a diet coke. Doesn't get much better than that.
I was definitely spoiled. ;)
My gift from Eric and the kids! I love them...
Saturday evening, I had big plans to meet up with friends from back in the day! My friend, Karrie, came in town to celebrate my birthday with me! Karrie, on the left, is my oldest friend! And by oldest, I mean the friend I've had the longest. ;) She and I lived next door to each other from the time we were born until 8th grade! We were pretty much inseparable! Lisa, the gal sitting next to me, lived across the street from us and we were always together, too. Somewhere around middle school, Jill joined the group. We all went to middle and most of high school together. We experienced things together that will forever bond us! What a great night!!
Sometime after dinner, we headed to pick up dessert. I loved my cupcake! So good!
We headed back to Karrie's parents home where she was staying. It was nice to visit with her parents, too! They were like my second parents growing up! We hung out there and talked for a few more hours. This would never get old for me! I miss these girls and seeing them all the time.
{Look at that cute belly bump on Karrie!!}
What a really great birthday! I'm so thankful for all of the friends in my life...old, new, the ones I see daily, and the ones I don't. I have bonds with each of them that cannot be broken. I cannot tell you how blessed I feel. And, I do have to give a big thank you to my sweet husband for making sure this day was a great day for me. This was a birthday I won't forget. :-)











2 comments:
Aren't birthdays fun? Love the glasses. Also, Puerto Val Aretta? Yummy!
I love that you were born.
Post a Comment