My mom's car has been on the fritz for a while. I think she has been talking about wanting a new car for about 3 years. After driving around without heat for a few months now, she and my dad finally decided to buy her a new vehicle! { My dad tried several times having the heat fixed, but it didn't work. } She got her new car Monday night. Less than 24 hours later, someone hit her...
and drove away!!!!! Mom called me Tuesday afternoon and was devastated. I felt so bad for her!! She was okay, and it was just a fender bender, but she couldn't believe the lady just drove off! If there is one thing you need to know about my family, it is that we are kind of like the Mob. When something happens to one of us, everyone gets involved. We all rant and rave, put our two cents in, and try to solve the problem. While I am like my mom...get emotional and cry...my dad and sister are more of the "get even" mindset. ;) That is the law-enforcement genes in them!! ;) We used to tease because usually a 'criminal' would meet my dad first, when he would work a scene or accident. Then, the 'criminal' would get sent to be checked out at the ER where my brother was a nurse. The 'criminal' would find out my brother was related to my dad and then find out the bad news...they were being sent to jail and would meet my sister who would book them in. Ha!
I digress... So, there is more to the story! My brother-in-law (also a cop) is in charge of hit & runs. {The Mob, I tell ya!} He pulled video surveillance and bodda-bing, they found the license plate number and he went and found the lady. She admitted to hitting my mom and said the reason she didn't stay was because she was in a hurry. :/ Unfortunately, fleeing the scene of an accident is a crime and it cost her a night in jail. I did feel bad about that, but, people, it's a crime!! :( We really are a nice family, I promise!!!
It really has been like a small town episode of COPS or CSI around here! ;)
![]()
6 comments:
DOn't feel bad! That's a load of crap that she drove away!!! Way to go for catching her! I think that's great!
Wow! That is like something on tv. Maybe a reality show on your crime fighting/mob like family... Anyways, I'm glad your mom is ok.
That is crazy that the lady drove away! You make me smile about your family! :)
Like a said, a real life episode of Cops! If I decided to do a hit and run (which I never would) it would be MY luck that BOBBY would be the one hunting me down. I.don't.think.so. She got her come up in's!
You guys are so the mob, glad I'm in good with ya.
Seriously though, glad they caught her. She messed with the wrong family.
OH I LOVE THIS STORY! (not your mom getting hit, the getting EVEN part!)
I wouldn't feel bad one bit for her getting caught OR having to spend a night in jail! That sucks for your mom!!!
(& I know who I'm calling the next time my house gets broken into...the cops out here don't care about me. Sniff, sniff!) Glad I'm on your good side! ;)
Post a Comment