Tuesday, January 10, 2012

organization schmorganization

During dinner Friday night, Brittany, Gretchen and I got to talking about organization. Let's just say if you came to my house right now, you would find a few closets and junk drawers that are less than desirable. ;) All weekend, I could hear Gretchen reciting what her mom tells her. "An organized life is a disciplined life, Gretchen." I like that, because right now, I feel very undisciplined in a few areas. I have taken on a little personal challenge to organize one thing in my home each day until I am tired of organizing until I feel like things are where I want them. First project...organize guest bathroom closet and cabinets.
This was fairly easy because we don't keep a lot in there. I threw away some great junk, though! Bonus!

Yes, this is a picture of Maggie trying to go potty...notice she is standing. Oy. She is around her brother entirely too much!


And, here is my little helper cleaning out the cabinets. You know how everyone is always posting pics of their little ones running around in their underwear? Yeah, not my kid. She always wants 3 or 4 layers on. Must wear a jacket at all times. I'm having a good day if I can get her to nap in just 1 layer and not wake up in a sweat! Ha!

So, I dedicate this post to Terry...thanks for inspiring me to get some things organized. Today, I tackle a junk drawer. Pray for me.


4 comments:

Jami said...

I always get a huge sense of accomplishment when I organize. good luck.

ginmommy said...

I wonder if my mom reads your blog? I will have to direct her here, she will be so proud!!! :) Have fun with the projects. Oh, and Hope used to also stand up to pee, cute stuff!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Good luck with that! It does feel so good when you are done! Layers! That gal of yours is so funny!

Jaime Mac said...

Organizing DOES feel good when it's over...but BLEH on getting started! Good for you! (Loved the 'until I get tire of organizing! funny!)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS