Sunday, January 8, 2012

pure fun

You know you are getting older when...

You turn the radio to 95.7 WQMF and you know every single word to every single song that they call 'classic' rock and you can even picture the artist with their long hair and makeup.

You think eating dinner at 8pm is really late!

You go shopping in Forever 21 and you sit on the floor of the dressing room because you are tired, not to mention that most of the company around you could almost be your children.

You have to take aspirin in the morning, not from a hangover, but because your feet hurt from shopping all.day.long.

If these things make you old, then bring it...cuz I loved every minute of it!

I was so excited to head to Bowling Green this weekend to see Gretchen!! It has been too long since we had quality girl time. First on the agenda, after peeing of course (thank you McDonald's diet coke!), was to meet Brittany!! It was crazy...like part of Gretchen's past connecting with her present...and we had a blast! Brittany is super sweet, very funny and she has great hair! During conversation, I asked her how she curls her hair. She said a flat iron! Go figure. Who knew it could be so simple? As conversation went on, she was telling us a story and I TOTALLY interrupted her, dumbfounded, and said "You really use a flat iron to curl your hair?" Yeah, not one of my proudest moments. Oy. ;)
So, you get 3 giddy girls all full of Italian and then what do you do? Go shopping, of course! We headed to the mall in order to help G spend some of her money. We ended up at Forever 21 and their dressing room was seriously awesome! Brittany and I parked it on the floor while Gretchen did a little modeling for us. Brittany was catching up on some Facebook time while we waited, and waited, and waited. ;) Too fun! Oh, I was seriously chuckling at the kids, and I do mean kids, who were trying stuff on next to us. Not sure if they even had their licenses...


I slept a solid 8 hours that night and it was awesome! We got ready and headed out to shop in Nashville. We hit two malls...yes, you may call us pros. Oh, lunch was at Qdoba.

Mmm Mmm good!

After success at the first mall, we headed to a cool furniture store that Brittany told us about...

They had wall to wall furniture pieces...different colors, styles...we were simply amazed! They had so.much.stuff. I found about 16 pieces I want in my home. ;)

The second mall had this place called Charming Charlie. Hello Heaven. T.O.N.S. of jewelry. All kinds. This picture is only about 1/8th of the store! We stood there for a full 5 minutes before we could decide which direction to go.

I would just like to point out that we didn't get lost ONE time this weekend! Yay! We headed back and got changed for dinner. Can I just say how much I enjoyed chatting with this girl this weekend?

We had such a relaxing time and were able to just sit and enjoy each other. We ate good!! Insert picture of THREE cupcakes that we bought and split. Oh my. Gigi's cupcakes are the best I've ever had. We split Pumpkin, Wedding Cake, and Midnight chocolate something (I can't remember the name of it, but does it matter? It was chocolate...). They were so good, but put us into a major sugar coma.

This morning, I was able to go to church with G. This was something I really, really wanted to do! I love seeing where she spends her time and meeting people she spends her time with. It makes me feel like she isn't quite so far away. ;)

Sadly, it was time for me to go home. I hated to leave because we really did have a great time, but I was missing my babies!! Gotta give a shout out to Eric and Paul who kept the kids all weekend. Most of you probably know how Eric usually calls me 857 times while I am gone. Guess how many times he called me???? 1. Yes, 1 time. And it was to ask help translating a word Maggie was trying to say. Ha! He did GREAT with the kids and I felt absolutely stress-free this weekend. Oh, and when I got home, the house was straight, beds were made and the kitchen was clean. What the???? What happened to my husband??! He rocked this weekend! :-)


8 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Yay for great weekend with your bff! I'm glad you two had fun & that you got to meet the infamous Brittany! (I'm also glad Eric made it through the weekend!)

Jami said...

Yup, still sad :) Really though, I am glad you guys had a great time. Gretchen and I are making plans for another girls shopping trip. And, I wanna meet Brittany too!

ginmommy said...

What a fun time!!!!! I'm already thinking about April! Maybe I'll get those shoes I would kill someone for. ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Love that you both took a pic of the cupcakes that said 9:57! You girls are so funny! Love the ones of you guys in Forever 21. I feel the same way in that store! :)

Arthur Family said...

Yay for fun! I am in shock that you could split those cupcakes!

Jill said...

So glad it worked out for you girls this time! Too fun! Gigi's cupcakes are the best and that furniture store looks so cool!

Brittany said...

Pure FUN is right!!!!!! I loved meeting Gretchen's BFF - and I now know why she adores you. I truly feel like I had known you for much longer than 1 hour!! Ha!:)

Maybe our next trip will be "up north" ha!

Great post - nothing like great friends! :)))

Granny G said...

Tracy, I thought about you last night while I was driving home listening to WAKY singing Smoke on the Water at the top of my lungs!! LOL

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS