Friday, December 2, 2011

its my moms fault

Jami invited us over for dinner on Wednesday. Thank you, sweet girl!! :) She made yummy turkey burgers and home fries! I brought some green beans and, yes, decided to bake again! I'm telling ya people, I'm on a roll! I've cooked and baked more this year than in my whole life {which doesn't really say a lot!}. Anyways, the point of this post is to blame my aversion to cooking on my Mom. As I was going through my phone to post some pictures, I found these two that I took at my Mom's house. We got together to bake the chocolate pies for Thanksgiving, as we do every year. She went to get the cocoa out of the cabinet and just giggled. When I asked why she was laughing, she said that each year, she buys new cocoa, not remembering if she had some from the year before. So, she has 4 unopened containers of cocoa. But, the one she used looks like this:


Look how old that container is! It is tin, different from the plastic containers they use now. Also, check out this expiration date!!! YES, it says September of 2006!!!
So, as you clearly see, when I go through my cabinets and find something expired, it is not my fault. I will forever blame my abnormalities on my mother! ;)




But, if I do say so myself, my cupcakes turned out perfectly!! Decorations by Levi!!!



Check out this little cutie patootie! Maggie was in love with Cooper's little race track.

And, Cameron smiled at me SEVERAL times tonight!! He even brought me a toy and laughed when we were playing downstairs. Baby steps, people! He will learn to love me.



Thanks, James!!! We had a fun night.


5 comments:

ginmommy said...

I blame my mom for all my abnormalities :))

Brittany said...

love it!!!

Jami said...

Love the picture of my baby! The cupcakes were delicious! And yes, steve ate all of them.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Fun! How did I miss all these posts?! What's going on?>

Tracey said...

My blog wasn't showing up as updated on other peoples blogs. Weird! I think it may be fixed now!! :)))

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS