Monday, December 26, 2011

the christmas gift that deserves its own post

After all the Christmas festivities, I got to meet up with Gretchen on Christmas night to chat and exchange gifts!! {Yes, we met at McDonald's. It was open. I'm not by any means endorsing businesses being open on Christmas Day, but when you need a BFF fix and she lives out of town, and you get a bonus diet coke, it's all good!} I'm sure we looked like two little crazy ladies, sitting in the corner of the restaurant with gifts, laughing our heads off. Loved every minute of it!

Exchanging gifts!!!
When it was my turn, I opened a box to find this...

...at first, I was like....a laptop? Why would she buy me a laptop? But I quickly saw that it was made of paper. And it contained this...


Yes, blog peeps, that is an AWESOME calendar that she created out of pictures of us! Oh.My.Word. The pictures. Let me tell you...this was a stroll down memory lane!!! There were some awesome pictures. I won't show them all to you, but here is one of my favorite pages!

Top left: G was with me when I ate my very first Big Mac.

Top right: Maple Syrup Festival...I don't really know what I was doing to that flute...

Bottom left: Gretchen has a love-love relationship with CROCS!

Bottom right: Nights Before Christmas Tour of Homes in Madison


As we were dying laughing over my "flute" picture, we got to talking about when we became friends. We started strolling down memory lane. It is truly amazing how our lives twist and turn and take these unexpected detours. Yet, friends remain. Friends are there with you at the highest of highs...when you don't think things can get much better. Friends are there with you at what seems like the deepest depths of despair. When your world is closing in around you, friends sit silently, not knowing what to say, but knowing that somehow...because of Christ...it will be okay. Friends hug you, make you laugh out loud, cry for and with you, tell you the truth, know you almost better than you know yourself, rejoice in your blessings, listen to you, give you space, crash your pity party, speak encouragement to you....and all this in just one conversation. I love it when God ordains a friendship.

One more calendar pic for you. :) This was a fun night out at Joe's Crab Shack... I love memories.


And I love this girl. :-)



7 comments:

Jami said...

So glad you got to see each other! I know it's hard during short holiday visits. Love that calendar and even more so that she went way back for some of those pictures. Great post!

ginmommy said...

Well. how sweet is this post?! I love it! So, glad you love the calendar :)))) It was fun posting all the pics from way back in 2008, ha! Maybe I'll do one again in about 5-10 more years. Love you bestie! So grateful for you!!

Arthur Family said...

How special! Awesome post!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

What a great gift!! Silly pics are so fun!!!!

Paige said...

How sweet! What a thoughtful gift!

Jaime Mac said...

You two make me laugh.
(but you were also very sweet, Tracey!)
UHM-I've been to that Maple syrup festival thingie! It was 20 below 0 & it sucked.out.loud! At least YOU got a funny pic out of it! :)

Brittany said...

Love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS