We had a low key night at home last night, which was very nice!! Eric said his parents were coming to visit the kids, so I decided to make pancakes and sausage for everyone. Levi had a grand idea to make a cake for Daddy. :) Heck, any reason to make a cake is a good one!!
Maggie saying "Cheeeese!" and Levi being Vanna White!

Show of hands, please...
How many of you out there remember the story where I cleaned out the fridge and my flour was from like 1894?? I am notorious for letting things expire. Sigh. I pulled out two cartons of eggs. One had ONE egg, but my recipe called for 3 eggs. The other carton expired in, gasp, August. August, September, October, Novem....let's just say I don't use eggs that often!

I called a neighbor and tada...she saved the
cake!!! Strawberry on strawberry...Eric's favorite!

Best part of baking?? Licking the batter, of course!

My children love this tradition, too!!! :-)

Cake was finished in time for my inlaws arrival. Then, a knock at the door....my parents had stopped by for a visit, too! The kids were in Grandparent Heaven!!! I sat back and let them work their magic and just chilled. It was so.nice. My Father-in-law and my Dad threw Maggie up in the air about a hundred times and they listened to Levi say "Watch this!" about 850 times and then they left. The kids fell fast asleep and it was Mommy's time to reeeelax! ;)
![]()
4 comments:
I love it when grandparents vist, although my kids get ROWDY!!! Really, Tracey? Eggs from August?
Eggs from August is bad. You need to start making eggs more often woman! Glad the g-parents gave you some needed down time :)
Haha! Love the title 'cause it is so true! Eggs from August IS bad! ;) Strawberry on strawberry is one of my faves, too!
Uhm I have the same food related problems. Mine isn't just eggs. It also includes flour, milk, sugar...
Post a Comment