Monday, November 14, 2011

the colts lost {again...sigh!} but, man, we ate good!

{Disclaimer: the pics are from my phone, so excuse some of the blurriness!}

Eric and I got to head to Indy to see my boyfriend for the Colts game yesterday!! I was sooooo excited! My niece came over to watch the kids for the WHOLE day. There is just something about walking into the stadium. It is, as Eric described it, electrifying!

Oh how we miss you!!! :(


Even though we lost, yet again, it will always be fun to root for my Colts!


While we were there, I texted my Aunt Gail. They are usually at all of the home games {they have a suite at the stadium}, and some of the away games. They invited us back to the suite, but since we were guests of one of Eric's vendors, we had to decline. ;) Isn't she perty???!!! Just love her!!!!!


Okay, peeps, so here is the deal...I love food. So, yesterday was pretty much an A+ day for me! The Colts game would have been enough, but since we were guests with Eric's vendor, they also fed us the entire day. On the way to the game, we hit Cracker Barrel. {Oh my word, I think I've been there half a dozen times in the last week!} It was so yummy! While at the game, we had nachos and diet coke - heaven! And then on the way home, we stopped at a great little place in Columbus. Anyone heard of this place??


It's called Zaharakos and it.is.wonderful. It is a restored ice cream parlor and was just absolutely adorable!! It was decorated for Christmas and I wanted to hide away there for hours! We ordered some burgers and they were scrumptious! I got a caramel sundae for dessert and Eric had homemade apple pie. Delish!!




Antique soda fountains...



the bar





And it even had two antique pipe organs that played. I'm tellin you....adorable!

They will host all kinds of things...it would be a great place for a girls day out or birthday party! Check them out!


Such a great day!! I am so thankful for a day where Eric and I got to just be together and enjoy ourselves. :-)


4 comments:

ginmommy said...

I'm so glad you got to go to a game!! Sorry the Colts be stinkin' this year, but I'm sure it was still fun. That place looks so awesome! I love of course, that it was decorated for Christmas! Just all the better :))

Jami said...

Fun times! A Colts game is fun no mattter what. That's a fine lookig picture of our boy. Cute little soda shop place.

Jaime Mac said...

Glad you had a good time! LOVE the vip treatment!!!
(LOVE your big ole earrings too!!)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

fun stuff!! I love days like this with my man! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS