We had a really nice & relaxing weekend! Don't you just love those??? :-) Saturday morning, my mom and I went in search of clothes for the kids! She is so awesome...at the end of each season, when they start marking clothes down and you get an additional % off, she buys all the kids clothes for the next year. I love going with her to pick out stuff for all the darlings! We kind of divide and conquer. She shops for Bailey, the oldest...and now she's in the big girl department! I shop for the boys...Griffin & Levi are the same size now, so I just grab two of everything! Then, we meet up and get for the little girls. This year, Maggie got a few things...we were already looking in the 6-9 month department!! FUN!
After shopping, Levi and I spent the afternoon playing. I didn't make him nap, so we could do an early bedtime. Saweet!! We played with a "new" toy!! Mom & Dad got him and Griffin a huge Lincoln Log set with a train. We put it together...only it has a lot more logs to build a lot more cabins. I settled for building three!!

We also made some cookies with blue icing in preparation for the Super Bowl. They aren't quite blue enough to be "Colts" blue, but I was running out of food coloring!!

Sunday consisted of naps - yea!!! - because I knew we'd all be up late for the game. Gretchen & the kids came over for a while to help root on the Colts!! With a sad tear in my eye, I have to congratulate the Saints on their first Super Bowl trip & win. They played a phenomenal game. Maybe next year we'll make it happen again!! OR, maybe we'll make it to the Super Bowl when it's played in Indy in 2012. :-) We'll see!
![]()
1 comment:
Because Paul is from the Coast everyone sent Lauren New Orleans Saints gear. I think she was probably the only one in Indiana rooting for the Saints. She had on her Saints shirt, but we drew a Colts horseshoe on her so we could stay loyal! It is nice to see New Orleans so happy. Peyton will be back next year!
Post a Comment