Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thankful

Yes, I am over the snow.

I love it while it is coming down and the first few moments of the “blanket of white” but then I pretty much don’t see the need for snow any more.

So, I’m posting some things I am thankful for because I need the boost to my attitude!!! :-)

I’m thankful for (in no particular order)…

…homemade potato soup

…hot chocolate with cool whip

…homemade rice krispie treats

…my children – Levi, who is so sweet and loves to kiss & hug my belly before bedtime – and this little child growing in my belly who makes me giggle when she moves at odd times or wakes me up at 2:30 am

…my husband – he makes me laugh when I am trying to be mad at him; he brings home chocolate ice cream & gets excited when we make milkshakes; he knows when I am at my breaking point and tells me to go take a hot bath. I love you.

...friends – I have THE best friends in the world. Period.

…warm blankets

…Kansai (aka: salt)

…Bejeweled

…the anticipation of Spring!!! Flowers, warmth, green grass, playing at the park…

…Facebook. Yes, people, I am thankful for Facebook. I love spying on others, laughing at people’s comments, looking through pictures, getting the latest news, and keeping in touch with friends who live far away.

…online banking. Let’s face it, it just makes my life easier.

…and, I guess any “thankful” list wouldn’t be complete without being thankful for Jesus! When I get gloomy, selfish, tired, bored, antsy, worrisome, lonely, and even when I’m blissfully happy, loving, and content, I have to remember that it is NOT about me, but all about HIM!

4 comments:

Jami said...

No particular order? Is that why all the food is mentioned first?

ginmommy said...

When I read Bejweled, that made me laugh out loud. Very sweet post, way to keep up the good attitude, or at least try ;)

Jill said...

Dang, Tracey. . .you made me hungry! Cute post. :)

Arthur Family said...

Thanks for posting that! I have been feeling quite unthankful today. Now I need a snack after reading that!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS