Monday, February 11, 2013

The Circus {{according to my iPhone}}

Saturday morning, our neighbor called Eric and asked if we wanted to go to the circus on Sunday.  Um, SURE!  We've never taken the kids to the circus and I really thought they would love it.  

So -- a plan was born and we headed out bright and early Sunday.  We didn't tell the kids we weren't going to church.  Maggie was the first to notice when we began to cross the bridge.  Then Levi noticed that we were following behind "Hillary's van".  For the next twenty minutes, we were bombarded with questions!    


I opted out of taking the camera because I didn't want to keep up with it.  So, all of the pictures are courtesy of one of our phones.  :-)

When we first arrived, there were sheriff officers all around and Levi thought we were taking him to tour the police station.  That kid is hilarious!

The kids quickly figured out that we were doing something fun.  Insert many pushy people selling cotton candy, slushies, programs, balloons, light up glow stick thingies, and so much more!

They were also doing elephant and camel rides.  At times like this, I'm kind of glad my kids don't want do branch out and ride elephants.  The rides were $15 per child.  FIFTEEN DOLLARS to ride an elephant for a minute and a half.  Ridic!!  But, I guess to each their own! ;-)



These kids all love each other so much!  They have such a good time together. :)

Let me tell you one thing:  I hate clowns.  I've never liked them.  They kept trying to talk to us and I would politely nod and keep walking.  Levi figured out I was scared of them and HE DECIDED HE WANTED HIS PICTURE WITH ONE.  Kill me now.

The kids loved the show!  I loved how attentive they were.  So cute!!


I think one of our favorite parts was the elephant.  He was funny and did all kinds of tricks.  It pretty much amazed me that he held himself up on his two front feet.

And, we all loved the motorcycles in the ball.  I'm sure there is a more technical name, but I just call it the motorcycles in the ball. ;-)  There were FIVE going around and around at the same time.  Insanity.  I kept looking to see if there was an EMT close by.

We had THE.BEST.DAY.  I'm so thankful for our friends and having days like today to spend together.  This girl right here makes me smile. :)

And, this guy right here?  Love him.  


6 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

5th picture from the bottom... guys hair... worth the price of admission....

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I am not a fan of clowns either. We haven't been to the circus in a few years, but the kids are dying to go back. Maybe next year!

Arthur Family said...

The circus over church? You heathen! :) You didn't get accosted by the PETA protesters did you! I wanted to take the kids to the circus but Lauren is still scared of the clowns so I decided we should probably wait another year. Glad you had so much fun!

Jami said...

Fun times and you guys are so cute!
You are right no, the circus can take every nickel and dime out of you.

ginmommy said...

You know, I have never-ever been to a Circus. But clowns alone keep me away :-) I'm glad you all had a great time as a family!

melanie said...

So fun! We took Corbin a few years ago and he loved it!

glad you had a good time

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS