If you follow me on Instagram, you will know that over the last week, pretty much all I did was upload pictures of a sick little girl. :(
That's pretty much all I could do. She was on my lap, in my arms all day long.
Maggie came down with a nasty sinus infection on Saturday. By Sunday, she was running a fever of 102.8. I had never seen her this sick! She began coughing Sunday morning and did.not.stop. She coughed so much that she threw up. A lot. We started breathing treatments and headed to see the doctor on Monday.
It is CRAZY to me that your sinuses can cause someone to be SO SICK! With the weather being so insane for January, I guess it just took a toll on her little body. :( She was still sick with fever on Tuesday, but by the end of the end of the evening, we saw signs of life. She wanted her princess slippers on. Yay!
And, on Wednesday, she started playing football in her heels.
I'm so thankful she is better! Seriously, when your kids are sick, it is one of the worst things ever!
As I was uploading my pictures for this post, I realized that I had not taken any of Levi for a while. Poor guy! I guess that's just how it goes when your little sister is sick and all she wants is MOMMY. Eric did send me this one. He gave Levi his old iPod Touch and Levi is way too cool to talk to us now!
Yesterday, I was finally back into my routine. It was really nice to be OUT OF THE HOUSE! Maggie and I had Bible study in the morning and I stopped to get my crack. I want you to know that it had been TWO WEEKS since I'd had a diet coke. TWO WEEKS. That, my friends, is unacceptable.
Let me fill you in on something else about me.
I joined Zumba.
I KNOW. Yes, you read that right. Zumba. It is even weird to type it. My neighbor and friend, Natalie, has been asking me to go with her for over a year. She has been so kind and any time she goes, she throws out a little text inviting me. Recently, she told me about an offer they were doing: two classes a week for eight weeks. It kind of peaked my curiosity. She knows about my aspiration to be on So You Think You Can Dance, but also about my inability to dance. She encouraged me just to try it once and see if I liked it. So, I did. I did Zumba. And I didn't hate it. In fact, I held my own and felt a little liberated! Last night was my third class. I actually remembered some of the dance moves when a certain song would start. Progress! This morning, I didn't know if my legs would work when I got out of bed -- but they did. Ha!
For almost two weeks now, I've been doing the elliptical on nights that I don't have Zumba, and I've also gotten back on MyFitnessPal to log calories. While I fell off the bandwagon for a few days while Maggie was sick {evidently it is impossible to have a sick child and diet at the same time!}, I got right back on Monday morning and have been going strong. More progress!
So there. I didn't intend on throwing all that out on the blog today, but I guess now that I did, I look forward to some accountability! :-)




4 comments:
That second pic of Maggie? OH MY GOSH, pitiful! I'm so glad she is better! And keep up the good work :-)
She looked perkier at Bible study!
Love Zumba! I just don't have childcare to be able to go. Keep it up!
Having a sick kiddo is the worst. Glad she is feeling better! And go you for doing Zumba! I have a dance video by Julianne Hough that I do from time to time and the laughs I receive from Lincoln are enough to keep me from ever doing those moves outside of the house! :-)
I think it's awesome you are doing Zumba. It's good to have a work out you like and think is fun.
Post a Comment