Thursday, February 28, 2013

T-E-N Questions

Gretchen and I decided it was time for another blog off topic, so she compiled a list of riveting questions!  I haven't read any one else's blog yet because I didn't want to steal any answers.  ;-)  So, here we go...

1.   What is your idea of a perfect day?
I would love to sleep in - until 9.  That would rock!  Then, I would head to my living room for a pedicure, because if it is a perfect day, I wouldn't have to leave the house for one!  Then, I would S.H.O.P. for hours with some great friends.  Of course, there would be good food, good conversation and good dessert!  When I got home, my kids would ask if there was anything they could do for me! Ha!

2.   What is your favorite song and why?
My all time favorite is an old Hymn, It Is Well With My Soul.  The words are powerful and direct.  It was sung at my Grandmother's funeral and I will never forget that moment.  Every time I hear it, I cry.

3.   Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
If you know me at all, you know I am a crier.  I cry during the Folgers commercials at Christmas time when the soldier returns home to a quiet house and wakes his parents with the smell of coffee.  I cry when someone hurts my feelings.  I cry at sappy movies I have seen hundreds of times.  I would like to think of it as a strength because, in me, it shows my compassion for people.

4.   What will you never do?
Sky dive.  Never.

5.   What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?
The ability to listen.  When someone truly hears what you are saying, whether they agree or not, it is wonderful to feel like you've been heard.

6.   Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes.  I think we all hold on to something and are afraid to let God take control.  I'm good at giving God lots of little areas in my life, but to give myself over wholeheartedly is scary.

7.   What is your earliest childhood memory?
When I was around four years old, I was in my first dance recital.  Once the music started, I cried {imagine that!} for my Mommy to come get me.  -----> Can we say, "MAGGIE"???  Lord, that child has no chance in life! Ha!!

8.   Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it will make the elevator faster?
No.  I push the button once.  I don't want to seem impatient, even though in my mind I am screaming OH MY GOSH, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, GET HERE ALREADY!

9.   Where else would you like to live?  Why?
I cannot imagine living anywhere else.  I love Indiana with my whole heart and the older I get, the more I love and appreciate it!  But, if I had to choose somewhere else, I'd say Bowling Green, KY.  Because my best friend lives there and their GiGi's Cupcakes is closer than our GiGi's in Louisville.

10. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
Yes, yes and yes!  


4 comments:

ginmommy said...

I like what you said about the ability to listen, that is so true, we all want to be heard. BUT the best is you would want to live in BG, but not just for me, also for the close Gigi's. THE BEST.

Jami said...

Fun!!! I'll move to Bowling Green with ya. G and GiGi's!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Those are fun!! :)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Love your answers! And it's obvious that you and G are so close for a reason. :-) Great minds and all that.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS