Don't you hate it when you are having a completely normal day, just going along with your routine, acting as if you have no cares in the world, and then...you get a text from your friend and it contains a picture like this:
Later that evening, I was looking for an old picture and came across this:
SHOOT ME NOW. Just go ahead and put me out of my misery. Levi and Hopie as babies. I'm not too proud to admit that this picture sent me into a little crying spell, just missing the old days with my bestie. ;-) Pretty crazy that one picture can transport you back to a different time.
***********************************************************************
Last night, Eric and I got a sitter {Woo hoo!} and met Matt and Melanie for a date night! I love them so much. :) We went to Longhorn for dinner -- oh my stars! Such good food. Then, we split up. Melanie and I browsed the mall for a while where we both got a couple of new, cute accessories. Matt and Eric went to Bass Pro and, well, I'm not sure what they did. Man stuff, I'm sure. Then, as with any good date, we met back up for dessert at Applebee's. It's pretty much a given that when we are together with the Murphy's, there will be laughter. And, lots of it. Good times.




4 comments:
Kids growing up is dumb.
Fun night! I love it that you went your seperate ways.
Those pictures are adorbs!
It makes me sad to think about my kids growing up too. :(
Fun night!! I love to laugh! :)
What is so strange about kids growing up is that you look at them and cant imagine life being any different. Then bam all the sudden life is so different and you long for old times.
Yet we can be so proud of the new people our children are becoming. God lets us see what He is doing right before our eyes.
Post a Comment