Saturday, February 2, 2013

Snow Days 1 a-n-d 2 !!

We woke up Friday morning to a little bit of ice and a little bit of snow!  Our morning started off at 4 AM, when I heard talking coming from Eric's work radio.  He wasn't budging, so I kicked him.  {I'm not responsible for any of my actions before 6 AM.}  Five minutes later, he was heading out the door to drive the roads.  I was really hoping for a snow day, so I put in my two cents and bribed him with some pancakes if he would cancel.  He just rolled his eyes at me.  He got back home around 5:30 and declared a SNOW DAY!  Hallelujah! :-)

Levi ran into our room at 8, yelling that he was late for school!  Hilarious.  We told him it was cancelled and he demanded asked for pancakes.  ;-)  I decided to brake into some of my Valentine's Day gift stash and pulled out some PAINT!!  Woo hoo!    

The kids were so excited!  Levi was a self-proclaimed painting pro, because they do it at school.

Maggie, on the other hand, was a mess!  But it was pretty cute. 

More fun times: eating lunch on our bed while watching Toy Story.

Eric ended up leaving the office early and three of us took some pretty awesome naps.  Levi decided his time was better spent playing xBox. ;-)

YEAH -- Life in the Ohio Valley...
 ...although, from what I am hearing, kids all over the place are having breathing problems from our insane weather!  

GUESS WHAT?!!

We woke up to MORE SNOW this morning!  And, it's a really great snow for sledding.  I would guess we got between 2 and 3 inches.  

We headed out early before they plowed the roads and let the kids sled.  SO MUCH FUN!!  I love snow days.  Ready for a night filled with movies and hot chocolate.  Finally -- some good January weather!

2 comments:

Jami said...

I seriously want to crawl in the crib with Maggie. She looks super comfortable!

Love the painting.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

LOVE me a good snow day!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS