Monday, March 12, 2012

school on the weekend??

Levi has been missing his friends...BAD!! :( Poor guy. Every day, he asks about his school buddies and wants to know how they are doing. I don't really know how a lot of the kids are, but I know at least two kids in his class who lost their homes. So sad! They lost everything. Breaks my heart!

The kindergarten classes had a field trip planned on Friday last week to go see The Lorax. On Thursday, we got word that they were still going to go!!! Thank you, Jesus...Levi was sooo excited to see his friends! Eric took him and two friends. I got a text from Eric and he said "We are sitting on the very front row. I'm going to die." LOL!! The things we do for our children. ;) I'm so thankful Levi got to go and see his teachers and friends. I think it was really good for all of them.

On Saturday, one of the local churches was having a big' ol' honkin' play date for Henryville Elementary students! HOW NICE!!! My friends Natalie & Sarah were going, too with their kiddos. We couldn't believe how big it was when we arrived. They had 5 different bouncers, a Tumblebus, a bubble truck, and they were providing lunch!
Oh, and they had a hot air balloon, too!!

This picture of Kenzie looks like she is in pain, but I promise they were enjoying themselves! Ha!

This was such a great idea for all the kids! Levi kept seeing his classmates and it was so cute to see them chit chat together.

"Hey Hayden." "Hey Levi." "Did you know we had a tornado?" "Yep, and it hit our school." "I know. We don't ever have to go back to school now." "I know. Can you believe we are all done with school?" They were so funny!

I loved seeing all the worry just go away and watching the kids have a blast together.

OH, and this guy followed me across the parking lot. He wanted to interview me. Oh.My.Word. I tried politely declining. He was pretty persistent. He was from the local news. He wanted my story. I was praying he found more interesting people to talk to, because I REALLY didn't want to look like a big ol' goof on the news!

Unfortunately, I did get my 5 seconds of fame! I was on the news at 10 that night. But, they didn't say my name or show a lot of my ramblings!! I'm sure it was one of those, "Oh my gosh, that looked like Tracey!" things where someone wouldn't really know if it was me or not! :-)

Kenzie, Hillary & Levi....all Henryville Buddies! So thankful, again, for our community and everything they have done to help the kids!!


8 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

What a fun idea for the kiddos! Who knew they would ever miss school so much?!
& the interview thing - gasp! I would be mortified too & I love attention! I'm sure you were a nice change from all the people they interview who can't talk right & have no teeth. Just sayin'...

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I totally saw you and knew it was YOU!! I was in bed or I would've been on Facebook telling you. You did a great job!!! :) That is a cool thing to do! I am glad it was FUN!

Jami said...

I still think your Jesus comment should have made it. Glad Levi got to have some fun. You guys should really try and come Wednesday, it will be fun.

ginmommy said...

Yes, you were a lovely sight! You had all your teeth and spoke proper English. :) I'm glad you all got to do that with your kids.

Jill said...

That is awesome! I can't imagine how hard it must be on the kids. :)

Amanda Brady said...

Why does Levi go to school in Henryville? I didnt think you guys lived there.

Tracey said...

Amanda, we live on the outskirts of HES district even though we live closer to SC schools. :) Weirdness, I tell ya!! Ha!

Amanda Brady said...

Trust me, I live in Louisville now and get to hear all the parents talk about crazy Jefferson County....nothing is as weird as that! Sorry that little guy is having to go through that. Any idea when they will go back or where they will go?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS