Monday, March 12, 2012

north and south unite

It has been almost two years since the day that Gretchen told me there was a possibility she was moving. In some ways, it seems like it was yesterday and in other ways, it seems like it has been a lot longer. People, this has been a rough road. I'm not gonna lie. I have cried my share of tears and gone through a mountain of emotions. I'm so blessed that along the way, we have been able to share our tears, laughter, fears, and, well, pretty much everything in between with each other. And, even though she isn't 10 minutes away anymore, God has blessed our friendship above and beyond anything I could ever have wished for! We still talk everyday and text all the time. I get to hear about all her new friends and she grills me about all the old. Plus, we get to do all these extra little things together that we probably wouldn't have done if she still lived here! Bonus!! It is neat that I am learning about the BG women. I really enjoy learning their stories. It is to the point now that when she says a name, I automatically know things about that person. One of these BG people is Brittany! When I got to meet her the first time, it was like going on a blind date!! I was nervous and just wanted her to like me. Silly!! But true. ;)
And from the first hug, I was hooked. I liked her immediately because she told Gretchen I was pretty because she was sooo sweet! So, this weekend, when we met up again, it was like picking up where we left off. I love that!! Brittany and Gretchen were in the Ville this weekend for a conference and Jami and I got to meet up with them Saturday night.

We went to the Melting Pot and ate some sinfully good food.

And we talked, and laughed, and talked, and laughed, and...well, you get the idea!

And, as I sat across the table, staring at my bestie, I realized that life doesn't get much sweeter than this! Two groups of people, coming together and becoming one big group. And what is a better way for a group of girls to bond than over a hot pot of chocolate, caramel & marshmallow creme melted together with oreos sprinkled on top??! Yeah, it doesn't get better than that!!


After our dinner, we went to gawk at Pier 1. I do have to tell you that Jami and I bought some wicked cool canisters for our kitchens!! We are both getting ready to re-do our kitchens (Jami in blue and me in yellow) and the canisters go with both of our kitchen ideas. We had W.A.Y. too much fun in Pier 1. I'm sure the workers were worried a tad bit! After shopping, we headed back to my house and gabbed some more. I wanted to stay up talking a little longer, but Gretchen is old and was tired. Something about only sleeping two hours the night before...blah, blah, blah. ;)

Another great thing about the weekend was that the girls were going to church with me. Yay!!

It was really great to be at church with Gretchen...like the olden days. And, of course, it was awesome to show Brittany the hood. ;)

I FOREVER miss this girl...every single day. But, I am so blessed. Beyond blessed.


4 comments:

ginmommy said...

WHAT A GREAT POST! Gee wiz, we are a sappy mess us girls, but we can't help it!!!! It was a great weekend, I am so flipping blessed!!! Love you!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

What a great post and what a great time! That's so fun! I agree...I think you are soo pretty! :)

Jami said...

It's been a roller coaster the past 18 months. I don't even remember saying good-bye, all such a blur. Saturday was probably the most fun I've had in a long time. I miss our girls night out we used to have. It kept me going from month to month.
you better watch out, Brittany may run off with Maggie.

Jaime Mac said...

I just love the title.... :)
I'm glad you 'old' gals had a good time!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS