Thursday, September 15, 2011

one "hot" momma

The smell of coconut oil. The best 30 minute nap you'll ever get. The wind blowing all around your hair to keep you cool. The little heart (or playboy bunny!) sticker that you inconspicuously place in a private place. Yes, peeps, my first job was at a tanning bed. Best perk ever??? Free tanning. That was back in the day when the beds were normal - 30 minutes - not all the high tech stuff they have now where you go in, push a button and in 43.6 seconds you come out bronzed. ;) I loved my job. I do (of course!) have a funny story to tell about working there.

Picture it. Jeffersonville. 1991. (Nice Golden Girls reference! Ha!) I was going to prom. My boyfriend was a senior, I was a freshman, and my parents were letting me go! (We had to "double" with my brother and his girlfriend, tho.) I really wanted to get my ears double pierced so that I could match my 2nd earring with my prom dress! (Oh the things I had to worry about back then!!) My dad was against me getting my ears double pierced. Period. He told me for years NO. Well, my mom told me if I would save my money, she would take me to get my ears done. Be still my heart! I was excited. Insert my first job. I saved my money {I'm guessing like $10 for the week??? Lol!!} and she took me to get them pierced. Prom was awesome...me in my sapphire blue dress with matching earrings and gorgeous tan! Ahh life! Fast forward four years. I had my hair up in a pony tail and was sitting in the living room. My dad was talking to me and said "Tracey Leigh. {you know it is bad when he uses a middle name} I thought I told you you were not to get your ears double pierced. When did you do this?" I just kind of stared at him. "Uh, Mom took me 4 years ago, Dad."

Haha! Good memories. ;)

5 comments:

Jami said...

Don't you love dads? I loved working at a tanning bed. Free tanning was the best!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

ha ha ha!! 4 years!! That's hilarious!!! :)

ginmommy said...

4 years?!? That's hilarious Tracey!!! Funny too, that your mom did it behind your dad's back. Gotta love moms!!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Oh love that... I got my pierced in the cartlidge and like 8 months later my dad saw it and mutter "Just me like the world...."

Just think of the stuff our kids will do.

Jaime Mac said...

HAHA, that is a funny story! Dad's are clueless sometimes! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS