Monday, September 19, 2011

trying to keep a 1 year old happy wears.me.out.

Sickness is for the birds. Maggie has been coming down with something all weekend long. I'm at a loss because she is on an antibiotic from strep. Sunday night, she got pretty bad with fever and coughing. I called the doctor this morning at 8:30 sharp so I could try to get an early appointment and see what the heck is wrong!! Here's what happens when the receptionist says "Can you be here in twenty minutes?"
Yep! Threw on clothes, brushed my teeth and we took off.

I've mentioned before how much I am crazy about our pediatrician!! As we were sitting in our room waiting, Maggie started coughing. I heard her doctor down the hallway say, "Oooh, someone has Croup!" That would be my little someone. Yes, Mags has Croup. It is viral, so the antibiotic didn't touch it. The treatment? Give her Tylenol for fever and keep her hydrated. That's it?? That's it. OH, and **TRY TO KEEP HER FROM GETTING UPSET**! Whaaa???? The doc told us the more she gets upset, the more her cough will act up. Keep her happy, give her what she wants. No problem, right? HA!

First things on the list of NOT making her happy was a big ol' shot of steroids in the bum!!! She screamed bloody murder and if looks could have killed, the nurse would have been dead on the floor! ;)


So, we left for home and I did all I could to make Maggie happy. She got to eat whatever she asked for...


...she got to pull all of the wipes out of the container...


...she got to drink out of Daddy's water bottle...


...she got to climb in chairs...


...and she napped on me, so I got to watch some mindless tv...


...Oh, there was also peek-a-boo...


...and more peek-a-boo {I know you are jealous!}...


...and more mindless tv...


...and more climbing on furniture...


...and even a visit from Daddy!! He had to check on his little bebe girl. ;)


The best time of the day...

...too bad it only lasted 20 minutes! She is not much on napping today. :(


Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day!!


5 comments:

Jill said...

Aww, hope she feels better soon for Maggie and Momma! {Love all the pics! :)}

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Awww! I sure hope she is better tomorrow!

Jami said...

Don't you love the "just watch it, there isn't anything you can do".
Hope she feels better soon, but happy for you to get a break. Love the television shows, awesome!!!!

Jaime Mac said...

Oh, I'm sorry she's so sick... but I do like hearing your funny take on the whole, 'Keep Maggie happy!' treatment! Very funny! (Keep eyeliner in your car at.all.times. That's what I do...these eyes ain't gettin' any younger!)

ginmommy said...

My favorite is your pained expressions, ha ha ha!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS