Sunday, September 18, 2011

i cooked

As I sit here and type about our day, I can hear Eric downstairs with the kids. Levi is asking him for something and Eric's response is "Hang on a minute, Buddy, I have to watch Maggie and do everything else..." Wow. I want to {politely} scream "Really, welcome to my world!" But, I refrain. ;) Wonder how long it will take for Daddy to bring Maggie up to stay with Mommy??!

Ok, so today was our annual Pierce family reunion. It is on my Dad's side of the family. I cooked!! We all know I struggle in that area. I am so proud of myself when I cook something AND it tastes good!!! I made a strawberry pretzel salad - yum-o b/c it is sweet and salty!! and I made peanut butter fudge. Yes I did! I felt like I was cheating a little because it was sooo easy to make! It is called One Minute Fudge and it literally is the easiest thing I have ever made!!!!

So, on to the reunion. {Beth, where were you????} We have a large extended family and it is kind of funny because each year, we all just kind of sit with the family we know and stare at the other family that we don't know. You'd think we would branch out and go visit with our family, but we don't. Creatures of habit...

Here is my sis and her sleepy girl, Bailey

Dad took over and helped with Maggie. Give her some homemade mac n cheese and she will be your BFF! She was QUITE moody when we got there so the mac n cheese made her happier.


Now, here is my family - the ones we know and talk to. ;) My Mom, sister, and my cousins Christi and Toni.


I thought this pic was funny. This is my cousin's husband, DJ. He had this look on his face for quite a while as the girls all sat there talking. He played golf this morning and I guess he was due for a nap!!! {He was good, though, and didn't tell me the score of the Colts game since we were taping it.}


And these two little guys LOVE getting their picture taken. Griffin and Levi are best buds and adore each other!!! I love it!


Playin' some football....


...and more football with the bigger cousins!


And more football. These kids will sleep good tonight!!


My Aunt Frances {sorry about her being half cut off!} Old Man Reid and my cute sis-in-law Jenny


Precious. My Granny and Maggie


Maggie was being a crab apple and my cousin, Toni finally got some smiles out of her!!!


More of the family


Kisses from Daddy


And then my brother decided to grace everyone with his presence. He had some lame excuse about being in the O.R., blah, blah, blah. Everyone was all like "Hey Trav! There's the Ironman! Travis is wonderful, blah, blah, blah!" Kidding! I love my brother. ;)



Little Miss Thang...She didn't want to be around anyone or want anyone to hold her. She acts like her Daddy.


And check out this girl...Emmy was playing in the dirt.

Look at her bum!!!



Me and my baby girl. I love her.


And, me and my big boy once we got back home. I love him, too.

It was good to have the reunion to occupy my time today. Otherwise, I might have been throwing objects at the tv and cursing!! Seriously...losing to the Browns? Ugh. ;)


6 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

#1- I do the same things at reunions-stick to who ya know.
#2-you look SO pretty in the pic w/ Maggie!!
#3- my bro gets all kinds of attention bc of the ironman too. Hmph. Like I couldn't do that if I wanted too?! I'm just not crazy... :)
#4- I think your cousin Toni is married to my friends cousin. Hanen right?! Small world...

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

That is hilarious! I was just looking at pics on FB and said to Josh "Did you know the Pierce reunion was today?" clicked over and saw your blog! Glad you had fun. I'm not sure who I would have sat/stared at! hahaha

ginmommy said...

Beth, you seriously either know or are related to everyone! It's craziness!! I think it's cool, you have PIERCE in your family name ;) Proud of you for cooking! I know you have it in you ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

So funny when you say that Maggie acts like her dad! ha ha! We say that too....he is acting like his father/mother!

Jami said...

Agree with Jaime, you do look pretty in that picture.
Proud of you on the pretzel salad, that thing can be a bit tricky.
Sorry I ruined the game for you. At least you didn't get your hopes up.

Tracey said...

Jaime - #2, I LOVE you!!!
#3, I know, right?! Ironman ain't got nothin on cleaning the whole house all at once!
#4, Yes, my cousin is Toni Hanen. :) Small world indeed!!!!

Beth, you SO have to come next year! We can sit and chat with each other.

James - it's okay, I didn't think we'd win against the Browns (who NEVER win a game...) GRRRR...

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS