Thursday, May 5, 2011

change

Change scares me. Big change. Now, I do like to get wild and crazy and change my shoes or jewelry to go with an outfit. I like to change out decorations or paint the walls a different color. I like to try new cereals. I enjoy trying out a new restaurant. That's about it for me...any other kind of BIG change can literally make me sick to my stomach.


Needless to say, today was a big day for me. It was packed full of change. This morning, Eric and I both resigned from our jobs. Wha??? I know...sounds crazy! {More on Eric in a minute!!!} I have wanted to be a Stay At Home Mom since I found out I was pregnant the first time!! It is all I ever really wanted to do. When I miscarried, I was devastated. Less than two years later, I had Levi and I was blessed to be able to stay home with him for a year before I returned to work. I never stopped praying that God would work it out for me to be home. Now, four years later, I am getting that opportunity!! I have been on maternity leave with Maggie for almost a year and God has answered my prayer. I can officially tell people I am a SAHM instead of saying I'm still on leave. :-) This is a huge step of faith for us and I am so excited to be on this journey!


Now, Eric...let's see, I will step back about three weeks. I can always tell that our lives are about to change when he comes home with a grin and says "So, I talked to this guy today. Now, before you say anything, hear me out..." {Last time he did that, he had sold our house when it wasn't even for sale!} Anyways, three weeks ago, he got a call from another school corporation, a much larger one. {Eric is the transportation director for our area's corporation. So, as Levi says, his Daddy is in charge of the buses. ;) } An assistant director is retiring June 30th and wanted to know if Eric would be interested in the position. He told Eric a little about the job and Eric was definitely interested! We began to pray and over the last two weeks, the job sounded more and more promising. Without going into a lot of boring details, Eric interviewed Tuesday of this week and they called the same afternoon to offer him the job. He probably wouldn't want me to share this, but when they called him, he was in the parking lot at Aldi and he said he just sat there and cried! Him getting this job was an answer to some heavy praying over the past few weeks. I cannot begin to tell you how blessed we feel that God would answer two of our biggest prayers in the same week.


Now, if all that isn't enough CHANGE for someone, there is more! Before Eric got a call about a job offer, he made a decision to go back to school! It is something he has wanted to do for a long time, but just hadn't taken the plunge. He has a BA in Business Finance but wanted to further his degree. I am so proud of him! The only downfall is that he is gone from 5-10pm, Monday through Thursday. That makes for some long days for all of us! But, it will be worth it when he is finished. :-)


If you stayed with me and read all this, bless your heart!!! As I sit here and type this, I'm watching my hubby unwind and shoot people (on XBOX). ;) He is trying to get some much needed rest...as if switching jobs hasn't been enough stress for him, he had to go and have surgery today!! It's nothing major (some wicked skin graph oral surgery) but sounds and looks extremely painful to me!! I'm so proud of him. :-)


So, ladies and gents, that is the excitement around our household! Things are a'changin and we are full steam ahead! Looking forward to celebrating some birthdays over the next couple weeks!!! Get ready...I'm sure an obscene amount of pictures of my kids are soon to follow. Ha!


8 comments:

ginmommy said...

Well, when you said he sat in ALDI's parking lot and cried, I started to cry! I'm glad you finally posted everything, I know that feels good to get it all out. Change is scary, can I get an AMEN sista'? BUT, we always survive it. Love you bunches!!

Arthur Family said...

Oh, my word! That is incredible! I was tearing up so much that I could barely finish the post. I am so excited for both of you!

Amanda Brady said...

Well congratulations! Are you allowed to say what school system he is going to?

Jaime Mac said...

WOW. You do have some major changes going on!!!
Congrats on the new SAHM position! I'm sure it will be the best job you ever had. (I'm breaking out in hives for you, but whatever.. :)
And the Eric stuff, I'm like Gin, when you said he cried, I got a little misty eyed. What a tremendous blessing for your family!
Good luck to you ALL! I know things will work out just the way it should! Someone is looking our for you! ;)

Jami said...

I am so excited for you being a SAHM! As for Eric, you will have to fill me in. Do you remember me telling you that maybe God was waiting to fulfil your dream of being a SAHM beacause it enabled you to help a certain someone out? Don't think it's coincidence your dream is being fulfilled the same time that God has given that same person some other long awaited blessings.

Jill said...

Wow! God is so good! I started crying to, about the Aldi parking lot comment. This is all wonderful news. So, so happy for you guys! :)

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

That is awesome!!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

yup, you made me cry too!! SO SO happy for you!!!! congrats!!! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS