Monday, May 23, 2011

alright stop! collaborate and listen....

Our month has been so packed full of birthday activities!! After the kids party last week, I think I actually had a brain fart and forgot about my blog for several days!! To all my readers (all 8 of you!)...I am so sorry!! ;) Things have gone from wild and chaotic back to mundane and boring! Ha! OH...I do have to share that I had a crazy dream last night! I was on stage with Vanilla Ice. Yes, I am a sad, sad human being.

This is Levi's last week in preschool and his graduation is Wednesday. I will bawl like a baby and probably go to bed that night drawn up in the fetal position. {And my sister-in-law doesn't think I have a knack for being dramatic! ha!!} While I will be sad that this part of Levi's life is over, I am super excited for him to start Kindergarten. :-)

I had my first experience of trying to use coupons at the store. Lets just say I need some coaching! Is it possible to have coupons add to your total?? If so, that's what I did! I had good intentions, though! I think it will get better the more I work at it. If you have any advice, suggestions, good sites you use, let me know!! I'd like to get better, but don't really see myself on any upcoming episodes of Extreme Couponing! ;)

7 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I don't take enough time to do coupons so you go girl!

I have missed you! :)

Jill said...

"Ice is back with my brand new invention. . ." I remember that song, girl! I've missed you, too! :)

About the couponing, I have so been where you've been and had a good deal worked out in my head and tried to follow the deal scenarios on the blogs, and then it totally doesn't work the way I had planned. Then, I've had store clerks treat me a little rudely for using coupons just by making comments. Kind of makes me feel like I'm ripping them off. :(

I have left stores more frustrated at times by using coupons than not, but I would say in the end it is worth it and not to give up.

I try to keep it really simple and only shop at four main stores. I do most of it while I watch tv at night. You'll learn which stores around the area are more "coupon friendly" than others. Like I don't shop at two different drugstores in Jeff. I go to the ones they have in S'burg instead.

Check out the blogs. There are only three main blogs I use to get deal scenarios and they help me so much. {I can send those to you if you want.}

I bought groceries at Meijer last week for $5. I got a ton of stuff at Walgreens last week for $8 and got six dollars back in register rewards {free money for your next trip}. And I bought several tubes of Crest toothpaste last week at Rite Aid. Paid $2.80 and got $4 back in Up rewards {free money to use on my next trip}. So it is worth it if you can get the deals.

Don't beat yourself up. I've been doing this for a little while and honestly, I have seasons where I don't cut coupons at all because I ask myself is it worth it and then I get back into it again. You'll get to where you build a good stockpile and you don't have to go so much, too.

Hope this helps! :)

Jenny said...

Love the drama comment!

Arthur Family said...

I wondered what happened to you! I missed you! Good luck with the coupons. I am the person that buys a paper, clips them and then forgets she has them.

ginmommy said...

Jill, you need to give a class!! I'm attempting couponing too, who knew it was so complicated??

Tracey said...

Thanks Ladies! I've missed you too!

Jill - you're awesome! Thanks for the info. I'd love to know the blogs! Just fb me! It's nice to hear success stories. :)

Jaime Mac said...

..."ice is back w/ a brand new invention"... is the first thing I thought too! Love some ice, ice, baby!

UHM, really? How do you add money by using coupons? Girl, you're a hot mess! :) Good luck w/ it!

You not dramatic? Has your sister in law MET you?! ;)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS