I have this friend. Her name is Gretchen. ;) Over the past few years, she has become one of the biggest parts of my heart. You have those people in your life that you just know will forever be "your people". She is my people.
I know this story has been shared many times, in many ways, but it forever changed me. We were heading to my Mom's pool (which we like to pretend is a day at the spa...except for the darn kids that always splash us!) and when I picked up her and her crew, she was quiet. Bad sign #1. Then she said "I have to tell you something." Bad sign #2. She proceeded to tell me that Paul may be getting a promotion and they may be moving. GULP. From there, there were lots of tears. I mean a ridiculous amount. I knew that even though she said "possible", that this was God's blessing for her family. It would happen. There was no doubt in my heart. Since that moment, there have been lots of ups!...lots of downs :(....and lots of in-betweens. But, how can I be mad that God was giving them HIS BLESSINGS? Even though she is not down the street any more, and I can't just call and say "get yourself presentable...we're comin' over.", our friendship has only strengthened. We still have a daily chit chat time ;) and still blow up the texting on our phones! I am blessed that we still see each other regularly and that we don't even have to see each other to stay close. Sometimes God switches things up...and that's okay. Gives us a good reason to have lots of girl weekends!!




3 comments:
Awwww, I teared up!!! That was such a surreal moment, and I still miss you like crazy. You were so funny when I told you, LOL. I too will NEVER forget that moment...
Awww!! How sweet to post about your BFF! I don't know what I would do without my BFF. We live very close to one another and we teach next door to each other. I don't know what I would do without her!
Aww...that is awesome how God has used both of you to speak into each others lives!
Post a Comment