I bragged on Maggie taking a few steps this morning, so now I have to share a little story about Levi. I am constantly amazed at the mind of a child. When we left to take Levi to school, this is what he was playing with:

Now, let me explain! He was sitting at the bar and wanted to play "Jesus". I wasn't quite sure what he meant when he said that. So, as every good Mommy does, I acted distracted, doing stuff around the kitchen while totally eavesdropping!! I saw the toys he got out and I wanted to know what "playing Jesus" involved. In my mind, I was just praying that he was going to be respectful. It turns out that he was reenacting the crucifixion. Now, some things were a little off base...like the horse pulling the wagon and a ladder up the hill (a shoe box), carrying the cross (made from Lincoln Logs). The soldier (a cowboy) was carrying a machine gun. ;) But, everything else was pretty close. Levi had the soldier use a hammer and a mallet from his firetruck toys to nail Jesus (a fireman) to the cross. I couldn't hear everything he was saying, but Jesus was telling the soldier that he was not a bad man...that he was God, and if he believed, he would go to Heaven. I am so thankful for Levi's heart and how he loves to talk about and ask questions about Jesus. :-) I want him to always remember how much Jesus loves him.
![]()
4 comments:
Ahhh, sweet post! Makes ya feel good when what they've been taught is sinking in! :)
Very sweet, but I can't help but laugh at the machine gun, and lincoln log cross ;)
awww!! That is so sweet!! I laughed at the machine gun too!! Such a boy!!
I love this, Tracey! This to me is what parenting is all about. Teaching them to know and love Jesus. Looks like you guys are doing a great job! ;)
Post a Comment