Tuesday, April 26, 2011

easter

Easter didn't really happen the way I had planned in my head! Maybe that's what I get for getting all freakishly organized the night before!!! I knew I had to be at church at 7 am, which meant I had to leave at 6:45, which meant I had to get my rear in gear around 5:30. So, Eric would have the sole responsibility of getting the kids ready for church. Yikes!! I went into super Mom mode!! I ironed their clothes, laid out socks, shoes, undies, shorts, packed the diaper bag, put the milk and juice cups in the fridge, laid out what they should eat for breakfast, got the Easter baskets ready, sat out everything we needed to take the next day (most importantly, the camera!).....are you bored yet? I am! Sheesh! I went to bed feeling ready for Easter! Here are the kids after opening their baskets! Good job so far, Daddy!





Fast forward about 5 hours. We had almost finished the 2nd service and were part way through the ministry song when I saw Maggie's nursery number pop up on the big screen. Uh oh. I glance at Eric and watch him make his way to the lobby. Good. He's got it under control! The choir stands to sing the last song and as we begin singing, I hear "Psssst. Pssssst...Tracey." WHA??? "Tracey..." I'm in the back row and turn around to see Eric standing behind the choir. I gave him this "do you know that we are singing in front of church?" look. He motioned for me to come out of choir. I excused myself, hoping that it wasn't noticeable. Yeah, right. Anyways, he tells me that we need to get Mags to a doctor...quick. She has a fever and has broken out in a rash. When we got back to the nursery, they had a nurse there that was talking to me. I didn't really hear what she was saying. I was focused on Maggie...trying to figure out what the heck was going on! She was beet red and felt very warm to the touch. Another nursery worker rushed to get Levi for us and we headed off to Urgent Care. I just prayed the whole way that she was okay and the LORD heard my prayers. By the time we got there, she was fever free and the rash had started to fade a little. They checked her out all over and said it must be a little viral bug or maybe even that she got overheated and her body kind of "freaked out". Praise God for watching out for our baby girl. :) The funny thing is that there were several stories going on back at church about what happened! Gretchen called me and said something about her getting a bug bite or having a rash..... I just laughed and said that by the time church was empty, she'd be diagnosed with Polio! ;) Kidding!! I was thankful for everyone who checked in on us during the day!!!

Now, on to the good stuff!!! Because of the action of the day, we didn't make a stop by the house to pick up the dessert I made or the camera! So, I got NO PICS of my babies on EASTER! Just horrible! So, I stole these from my sister. The kids looked cute in their matching clothes! Mags was a MESS after all the prodding and probing at Urgent Care, so this is the best we got!

Some things are just way more important that cute frilly socks, white shoes with bows, and cute hair clips! My babies are happy, healthy and lovin' life! My family is tre fabulous. And, I worship a Risen Savior. What else matters?!!



4 comments:

ginmommy said...

Sometimes things don't go as planned do they?!? ;) Thank God Maggers was okay, and this will be an Easter you always remember. It was pretty funny watching Eric pull you out of the choir, even though I knew it must be something bad :/ All's well though!! Cute babies.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am so glad everything is ok! How scary!! Their outfits were so cute though! :)

Arthur Family said...

How scary! You have such a good outlook! Nothing else matters except Jesus, right?

Jaime Mac said...

#1-I nearly lost my breath reading all the things you did to prepare for Easter. Shew!
#2-I often fantasized what happens to parents @ Graceland when their NUMBER (bum, bum, buuuuummmmm)pops up on the screen. Are their kids destroying the nursery & they are going to be thrown outta church?! (But I never imagined sickenesses! :()
#3-Glad Mags is a-ok!
#4-Levi is quite the handsome lad!
#5-A 'not so fun' lesson to be learned, but you are right nonetheless-there is more to Easter than the new clothes, candy, etc... Doesn't the Lord have a sense of humor? Hmph! ;)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS