Monday, March 7, 2011

this, that, and thou shalt not covet

We had a super low key weekend, which was super nice. (Yes, "super" is the magic word for today.) I welcomed the rain and enjoyed just staying in.

Friday was my first official kiddo watching day!! My niece Emily is going to come stay with me one day a week. Levi is excited for his "friend" to be here. Emily LOVES Maggie. She wanted to hug her, help change her, love on her, and help feed her.


Let's see...what else is going on??? Maggie constantly acts like she is in prison. She sits at the top of the steps and shakes the gate. I'm afraid she will pull the screws out of the wall!! ;)
She has also been getting some more teeth. I see little swollen places all over her gums. Poor baby!! Along with new teeth come lots and lots of dirty diapers. Oy! I think she has officially had a blow out on every outfit she owns. TMI?? Maybe...

Oh, my little guy got his first school sweatshirt!! He is SO excited to be a Hornet!! Here he is being all GQ cool!!! ;)

Yesterday was a really great day at church. God just really spoke to my heart! Pastor is finishing up a series on the 10 Commandments. Yesterday, he spoke about being Satisfied. Are we ever really satisfied? I tend to have the "when and then" lifestyle that he was talking about. When I get ____, then I'll be happy. I never realized how much I covet. When I think about "Thou shalt not covet", I tend to just think of things like wanting your neighbors car. There are so many areas in life that I covet things and didn't realize it. I don't want to re-preach his sermon, but I want to remind myself to CHOOSE CONTENTMENT. Be grateful. Be generous. "Admire without having to acquire." A great reminder!!
So, today, I am trying to spend my day reminding myself to focus on what I have, not on what I don't have. I'm reminding myself to love people, not things. I'm grateful for my kids, my husband, my home, my friends, my family and my boot cast that helps me walk pain free. ;)

2 comments:

Jami said...

I love you! You're just awesome, that's all I have to say today.

ginmommy said...

Levi is totally lookin' like a lil' stud!!!! Too cute.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS