Friday, March 4, 2011

jealous of my sis-in-law?

Jenny, my sweet sister-in-law, broke her foot last weekend and got a wicked awesome boot cast. And since she is so awesome...I had to get one just.like.her. ;)

Insert mega cool picture:

So, now, let me back up and tell you the story.

I mentioned in my last post that my foot had been hurting since Saturday. I don't remember doing anything specific to it when we did the 5K. I thought maybe it was the walking and then wearing flats to the mall that night to shop...who knows! So, all week long, my foot has continued to hurt. It swelled up pretty bad Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday night, I wanted to slap someone because the pain was so bad any time I stood on it. I was at a crossroads: go to the doctor or man up {take lots of Ibuprofen and cry} and see if it would get better. I finally decided to head to urgent care last night.

I walked in and there was no one in the waiting room. Sweet!! I went to sign in and the guy looked really familiar. I used to work in admitting at the hospital, and with my brother working in the ER for many years, we kind of know a lot of people {and by "we", I mean he knows a lot and I know a few!}. He stared at me for a few seconds and said "Hey, it's Travis' baby sister!" Kind of felt like a little family reunion!! Ha. They called me back pretty quickly and got me settled in a little room. The doctor came in a few minutes later and he said "So, did you do this kicking your brother??" Yep, we know him, too! I assured him it wasn't anything as cool as a fight...it was way less exciting, meaning I have NO idea what I did to it. I was swooped off to get an xray and then taken back to my little room. The nurse said "try to relax" and that the doctor would be in as soon as they got the results. Try to relax? Ahhh, Honey, you have no idea!! No little kids at my ankles...no one asking for more to drink or eat...no dear sweet husband demanding something from me...I was in pure relaxation mode. There was even a little humidifier humming in the corner. Seriously, if I wasn't afraid of drooling on the table, I probably would have fallen asleep. I wish someone would have come in and handed me a drink with a pretty little umbrella in it. ;)

Next thing I know, the doc comes in and said "it's not broken"...thank you baby Jesus! He said they are treating it as a "possible stress fracture" and giving me a nice, pretty boot cast to wear for 2-3 weeks. WHA????? A boot cast? Mmkay. He said it was inflamed and bruised and it would help with the pain. If it wasn't better in a couple of weeks, then I would need to have an MRI done to make sure there isn't a hairline fracture that the xray missed. Here's hoping it gets all better!!! I was in and out in right at an hour. Not to bad!!!

So, you may see me out...clunking around in a sexy boot cast. But, hey, it sure does help with the pain, so I'll wear the heck out of it! :)


6 comments:

April said...

Glad you got it checked out. That is a mighty fine looking boot! :)

Arthur Family said...

Maybe you will start a new fashion trend! I had one of those back in the day before they made them out of plastic. The bottom part was wood and everywhere I went it sounded like clop, clop, clop...total humiliation

Jaime Mac said...

Oh, I'm sorry your 'really' hurt, but funny post! :)
Also-this just proves exercise is hazardous to your health! ;)
What are you going to do about the next 2 legs of the marathons coming up?!

ginmommy said...

I think you should bedazzle that boot!!! It would be "super cuuuuuute" ;-)

Jami said...

sorry about the boot, but this post was hilarous!

Jill said...

You poor thing. I was cracking up at your story though. ;)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS