#1…What, Where, When….are you kidding me????
My first pet peeve is when people schedule things for -Saturday at 2 o’clock-. Now, let me say this: I KNOW THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND ME!!! But, ever since having Levi, the hours of 1-4 are precious to me as a mom! NAP TIME! This is my time to either nap, clean, watch tv, or do whatever the heck I want. That’s just it. It’s MY time! Now, as Levi has gotten older, naps are no longer “do or die” for me. So, I don’t stress about them like I used to. But, I guess out of habit, I still cringe for a few seconds when I get an invite to anything in the mail and it’s “Saturday from 2-4”. :)
#2…We’ll call this one “Plate over dishwasher” just for fun!
Another pet peeve of mine is when Eric finishes eating something and he lays his plate on the counter just above the dishwasher. Um, HELLO…is it really that hard to open the dishwasher and just place the plate in there?? I mean, it does take a few extra calories to bend over, but don’t you think we all need that little help for our abs? Lord knows I do!! Now, this isn’t “bash the husband time”! To be fair, I’ll tell you something I do that is one of Eric’s pet peeves! Any time I get in the van and I’ve left an empty can or cup in the cup holder, I take it and put it on the steps in the garage! Eric doesn’t understand why I don’t just run it in the house. Touché, sweetheart! Touché!!
#3…5ish is not 6:30
I think a lot of people share this pet peeve with me! I get a little perturbed when people consistently run late. I try to be a punctual person. Now, there are times when I run late. It happens, people! But, my pet peeve is when this happens ALL.THE.TIME. Like when you have to tell that person to meet you an hour earlier than you need to leave just so that they’ll be ready on time!! Grrrr! Even with my two little darlings in tow, I try to respect everyone else’s time!
#4…girls, it only takes two minutes
If you choose to wear peep toed shoes, flip flops, sandals, or anything that will show any of your toenails, please, please girls, don’t let the look be ruined by allowing your polish to be chipped! Retouch if you have to. It only takes two minutes. I’m not saying you have to have a top notch pedi…not at all!! But, you do need to touch up more than once a summer!!! ;)
DISCLAIMER: This post was in no way intended to offend or upset anyone!! All names and/or situations were changed to protect the innocent. Please don’t stop being my friend because of a few pet peeves!!!!
I’ll finish by stating the obvious: If everyone was perfect like me, this world would be a better place! :) Hahaha!




7 comments:
#1 and #3... right there with ya girl. As a matter of fact we have a wedding in New Albany next week and it starts at 4. That means instead of letting Cooper sleep his entire nap, I pretty much have to get him up an hour early just so we can go sit and make him be quiet inside a church. For a second cousin neither of us has seen in over three years.
I totally hear ya about the dishes thing. I get irritated when I have the sink all cleaned out when I go to bed, but when I wake up-there are dishes in it bc B-rad refuses to clean out his lunch box until he needs to re-fill it again...in the morning before he goes to work! I clean out mine when I get home from work! (& I like how you owned up to what you do! Very funny!)
I agree w/ the toenail thing. Sometimes mine do get chipped & I think, "UGH! I have to re-do my toes!" But I've been so busy lately, I've been doing the touch up thing. Good point!
I love blogging! :)
Girllll, if the world was only perfect like us, what a sweet, sweet world this would be?? Good post. Oh, and you know Paul does the exact.same.thing. I've given up, hahaha.
ps- I totally did a touch up on my toes this evening. However, I only have about 6 weeks before that may become impossible. Think you can do it for me?
I hear ya on all of them...you explained it all very nicely!
Okay, I'm going to have to try this blog off thing next month. I loved reading about your pet peeves. Umm, and I do the exact same thing with the cans and bottles in the car. I tell Dave I'm meaning to put them in the recycle, but they just sit there in the garage. : (
#3 is my all time biggest pet peeve....maybe because I am extremely punctual....then you have people like my sister who cannot get anywhere on time.
My other big one is people who ask "are you pregnant yet?" First - None of your business, Second if I was dont you think everyone under the sun would know! Or "when are you going to start a family?" Really? I've already got a family. Kids aren't the only thing that make a family.
Me, my hubby and my kitty make a nice family.
Post a Comment