Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Our little family has so many things to be thankful for! I have such a wonderful husband that I adore; we have a precious little boy that is such a joy for us; we have another little joy on the way - yet, above all of this, we know Jesus, and for that, I am most thankful. I am not a perfect person, but Jesus loves me despite my flaws. What a wonderful gift!

For several years now, our Thanksgiving morning starts out with fun family time at home. Mamaw (Eric's Mom) comes over at lunch time and we go to Cracker Barrel for a turkey dinner. (Levi usually orders pancakes and sausage.) We always have a fun time visiting with my Mother-in-law! She's such a sweet woman with the biggest heart of gold. Here's a shot of Mamaw with Levi.

This year, after lunch, we headed to Mom's to help get dinner ready!! Mom cooks a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Of course, there's turkey, dressing, taters, corn, green beans, mac n cheese, fruit salad, rolls, and one of my favorites, cracker dumplings!!! YUM!!

After we got things prepped, my Mom, Aunt Gail and I headed to the cemetery to put fresh flowers on my grandparent's grave. It's such a sweet thing for me to go to the cemetery and reminisce about Grandmother and Granddaddy. I miss them tons but know without a doubt I will see them soon when we gather around the throne and worship God together.

Around 4, the family started to gather at Mom's. My Aunt & Uncle, my cousins and their children and all of my family, including my grandparents (dad's parents) were all there. It was so much fun to visit and, ahem, listen to the kids play. The food was awesome and the fellowship was even better. :)

Mom and "Auntie" Gail
Great Granny Miller carving the turkey!!!
Levi and his big cousin Abigail
Nicholas.....he and Levi are 7 weeks apart! :)
Aunt Gail would HANG me, but I had to post this funny pic of her! She LOVES the skin on the turkey and kept picking it off and eating it!!! So funny!
Some of the food as we're getting "directions" from the teacher (Mom)!
The Kiddie table (oh my goodness...they can get loud!)
The adults... Daniel, Tricia, Travis, Jen, Eric and Robin E. and Nicholas in the orange
This is the geriatric room...nicknamed by my brother!! Mom, Dad, Aunt Gail, Uncle Kevin and Great Granny & Papa ate in here (away from the noise of the little ones!!)
After dinner, Dan started a wrestling match with all the kids! BRAVE man!!!

What a wonderful day filled with love and lots of thanksgiving! Everyone went home for bed around 9 so that we could get plenty of sleep before heading out for Black Friday...another tradition! Today, we got up early, shopped the morning away and headed back out after some afternoon resting. I enjoy being with my family so much and am so thankful for the closeness that we share. God has laid his hand on my family and blessed us beyond anything we deserve. I'm so thankful.


7 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

ok - what is your great granny miller's first name?

Jami said...

What fun memories and traditions for Levi to grow up in. And I am still totally jealous of your mom's kitchen.

Tracey said...

Beth- My granny is Carolyn Miller. You are related to Sonny, right??

ginmommy said...

Okay...Levi looks like he's about 8 years old in that pic with Eric's mom...what's up with that?? Looks like a great day :) You are blessed.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Tracey - Yes... and about 2 hours after I posted I thought "Haven't we talked about this before?" haha That's hilarious! It's the pregnancy brain!

Tracey said...

I hear ya on the pregnancy brain, Beth! My granny's sister was Geraldine, who was married to Sonny. Small world!!! :) But, yes, we've talked about the cracker dumplings before! YUM.

Gin - I know. He's so big!!!! :(

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Yep - Geraldine and Sonny are Josh's grandparents... such a small world and we had Cracker Dumplings for Thanksgiving. :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS