Monday, November 23, 2009

Panic attack

I was at my desk today and my co-worker’s son came in to visit her. He is on Thanksgiving break from college. I remember when I first started working here and he was so young…in middle school. Suddenly, he is this very tall, grown up man. He is so well spoken, outgoing and has very nice manners. As he was talking, my mind started to think about Levi. I hope grows up to be a well spoken young man. OMG…he will grow up. He will have girlfriends, play sports, go to school and start picking out his own clothes. He will want to hang out with his buddies and not sit on my lap anymore. He will want an IPOD so he won’t have to listen to me nag. He will back talk. (I felt like I needed a cold wash cloth to put on my neck; maybe put my head between my legs to control my breathing…OMG, was I going to start crying???)

I guess God just gives these precious babies to us for a short while and during that short time, we are here to prepare their hearts for that big, bad world out there. I’m so thankful that my parents instilled in me how important it is to know Jesus. To love Him. My prayer for Levi and his little brother or sister is that they, too, will know and love Jesus.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay... I'm tearing up just reading this and now thinking about Eli. THANKS! But I know how you feel... isn't it just wonderful when he crawls into your lap, puts his arms around your neck and says "I love you, Mommy". Our boys are such a sweet and wonderful gift from God. Thanks for reminding me that each day is precious. :o)

Jami said...

iPod? Come Tracey, there will be some new gadget out by then.
I try not to think of these things. It's too painful.

ginmommy said...

What-eva Tracey....don't you know that our boys will ALWAYS sit on our laps, ask us to dress them, and tell us to pick out their girlfriends for them!!!

Yep, I think I had my first anxiety attack when Pierce was about 6 mo., old, and they've never stopped...sigh.

Jill said...

This made me sad, too. Little boys are the best. ♥

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS