Thursday, November 26, 2009

Traditions...

As I get older, I cherish traditions. Our family has many and now that the holiday season has begun, you will see lots of posts about our traditions. Thanksgiving Eve, I usually go to my Mom's house and help her get things prepared for Thanksgiving Day. One of the things we do is make the pies. YUM! She has a homemade recipe for chocolate pie and it is wonderful!! Now, here's the thing...for the past few years, each time we break out the recipe, we both have to stare at it and decipher the measurements. (I don't think Betty Crocker would be proud!) See, she's had this recipe since she was in high school...literally. It's the same piece of paper! And on the paper, she's written measurements for doubling the recipe. It's really hard to read! So, my goal for next year is to re-type it for her so it's nice and neat! Of course, we'll keep the original folded up in her cookbook as a keepsake!! :)

Oh, by the way, Levi loved licking the bowl!!!



2 comments:

Jami said...

That's so funny! My mom is the same way with some of her recipies.

ginmommy said...

That's neat she's had it since high school!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS