Monday, November 30, 2009

Secret Recipe...

Megan suggested I post the recipe for my special chocolate chip cookies. I’ve never posted a recipe because, honestly, I don’t cook or bake a whole lot! Horrible…hideous, right? I know. I’m trying to be more intentional about cooking at home.

Anyways, my Aunt Diane passed down a very special secret about homemade chocolate chip cookies. Here’s how I make them:

Use the Nestle Toll House recipe.
Follow it exactly, but instead of using butter, like it calls for, use Crisco. I buy the Crisco shortening sticks (regular, not butter flavored)…sold in the baking aisle. They are pre-measured with 16 Tbs. in each package. I think the recipe calls for 2 sticks of butter, so measure out how much Crisco you need. You will notice the difference immediately after baking. The cookies never “cave in”, they stay fluffy and they taste so yummy!! Let me know if you try it. I’ll never go back to using butter in my chocolate chip cookies!

4 comments:

Jami said...

I will have to try this. I love choc chip cookies. Do you remember the Friends episode when Monica was trying to bake Phoebe's grandmother's cookies and it turned out it was the Toll House recipe the whole time?

Hers and His said...

Definitely going to try this! Yummy!

Jenny said...

I will have to remember this!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing!!! :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS