Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm so thankful for my family. They are all truly great! I look forward to Thanksgiving every year and it just seemed extra special this year. My aunt & uncle came in from Texas. It was great to see them. Then, as usual, my aunt & uncle from Indy were here.
Some of my favorites:
Thanksgiving turkey & stuffing - yum!
Cracker dumplins - my paternal great grandmother didn't have the money to buy flour to make homemade dumplings, so she used crackers. Thus became our tradition many years later to make cracker dumplins!
Mom's chocolate pies - chocolate in a pie, need I say more?
Laughter - with five grandkids all 4 years and younger, there is much laughter!
Black Friday - it is tradition for the women to get up early (if 7am is early!) and spend the day shopping; we got a lot of bargains this year!
This was the first Thanksgiving in my mom's new kitchen! Some of you out there know that she just remodeled part of the house. Sometimes I just want to go there and sit and pretend it is mine! LOL So, this is kind of a two fold email - show off pics from Thanksgiving and the debut of mom's kitchen! Enjoy!

Dad is carving the turkey - yum! It was soooo good!!


Eric & Levi reading the J.D. Tractor book, one of Levi's favorites.

Emily looking for someone to give her a nibble of food!

Here's a shot of the double ovens and pantry.

A shot of the island (and the nice flat screen!)

Emmy, Travis & Uncle Kevin

The new play room. (This is the doll house that my dad made my sister and me for Christmas one year. It was our favorite thing EVER to play with!)

Yes, Grammy bought swords, knives and guns for the play room! (She's brave!)

Oh, I forgot to mention that Batman made an appearance!
Griffin has been working out quite a bit.

The family hanging out after gorging ourselves! LOL

Later in the evening, we went to visit with Mamaw and Papa. At Aunt Joyce's house, Levi played with these little fences the entire time! They used to be his Daddy's toys. =)

Papa & Levi cleaned the tv. Somehow, it acquired little hand prints all over the screen. Hmmmm...

Papa & Levi playing Lego's.


3 comments:

Jami said...

That kitchen makes me drool!!!

ginmommy said...

Your mom's kitchen is awesome. One day when i grow up I hope I have one just like it!!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

We LOVE cracker dumplings... mmmmmmm

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS